Top 10 most frequented places in Kerala by the visitors are:-
1. The Backwaters : Criss-cross backwaters run throughout the coastal region of Kerala.
2. Fort Cochin : The oldest colonial Fort built in Portuguese and Dutch architectural style. In this oldest colonial city, art galleries, churches, spice markets and the famous Chinese Fishing Nets are prime attractions.
3. Munnar : A lush green and peaceful hill station with a cool climate, an ideal place to retire and relax. The added advantage is the opportunities for outdoor activities and roaming through the tea plantations.
4. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary : Hire a boat or jeep to spot elephants, monkeys and tiger.
5. Kollam : This small market town is the southern gateway to the backwaters to Alleppey through a boat and canoe trips.
6. Varkala : A beach below rocky cliffs and a spot to watch the sunsets.
7. Kumarakom : - A Bird Sanctauary near Kottayam.
8. Thrissur : A religious and cultural centre with one of the largest temples in Kerala.
9. Kozhikode : This historic town, locating temples and museums, is the gateway to the beaches and backwaters of Northern Kerala.
10. Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary : A place to spot elephants and other animals.