It is the Annapurna range which makes its presence felt in the entire Pokhara. It would not be wrong to say that every being on Pokhara rises to the first light of Sun which falls from between the range of Annapurna. Interestingly, Annapurna happens to be one of the one out of the TEN highest mountains in the world. It’s a city filled with thrill and offers excellent opportunities for trekkers who come here from around the world!
A land of Gorkha soldiers, it is also the most expensive city in entire Nepal. So, be ready to shell out a little more out of your pocket for shopping! A city filled with adventures, snowy peaks, beautiful lakes, mind – blowing scenic beauty and a travellers’ paradise – Pokhara is a perfect destination who would love to spend his/her summers in a cool n charming place – with or without family! It has more places to see than you can find anywhere else around. Check out these…..
- World Peace Pagoda: It’s the place where every Buddhist comes to seek the blessings of the Lord. Standing on the narrow ridge above Phewa Tal; it’s one of the most beautiful architectural pieces around. It was basically designed and constructed by Japanese Nipponzan Myohoji organization and has got lot of gold work in it. While visiting this place do not forget to take your camera!
- International Mountain Museum: Be here to know how it’s been for the climbers or mountaineers up the hill. Dedicated to mountains and mountaineers; it’s a place which tells you how it’s being a mountaineer!
- Devil’s falls: The falls fall and make people shout with happiness. Get an extra pack of clothing to dip in the silver water falling from high up the mountains. Sip a coffee, click pics and spend your evening here. It’s definitely refreshing.
- Tibetan Settlements: It’s the kind of place where Tibetan refugee settlements make their presence. It’s also a way to understand how Tibetan’s live their lives on day to day basis. Four Tibetan settlements make their presence here - Jampaling, Paljorling, Tashi Ling and Tashi Palkhel. Each of them have their own Gompa, Chorten and way of living!
- Old Pokhara or Purano Bazar: Looking to go for some shopping. Go to Purano Bazar and shop till the sun sets in! If you have energies left; then you can also shop for some more time – even after the sun has set in! Local and international food shops make for the rest.
- Lake Phewa: This small beautiful lake is considered the best place for fishing, paragliding, hiring pedalos and taking a bike ride around. It offers very pleasant view especially in the later-half of the day. Several coffee shops are there to spend a lazy and relaxed afternoon or evening. Take a ride up the hill towards Sarnagkot for the best Bike ride of your life.
Pokaha is a bussling city with a mix of new and old culture. A mix of community of Khas and Gurung mark their presence here in day to day life. Being in Pokhara means not just being here for a few days; but making a beginning to come back here – again and again…