Things To Do In Agra
Agra is not just about sightseeing. There are a lot of activities to do that might be one-of-its-kind in the world. Here are the top things to do in Agra before boarding your return flight.
1. Taj Nature Walk
About 500 metres away from The Taj Mahal, there is a small green belt touching the river Yamuna. The total trail is about 9 km and each step would take you to a different paradise. The common wildlife seen are hyena, blue bull, jackal and others. If you are a birdwatcher, you ought to take this trail.
- Famous for : Photo Fanatics History Buffs Experience Seekers
- Entrance Fee : Rs.20/- per person
- Visiting Time : All days 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Visit Duration : 2 to 3 Hours
2. Street Market Chase
Agra is also popular for its shopping and the souvenirs. Near Taj Mahal, there are a few street markets where you can find exquisite products like marble based souvenirs, inlay works, genuine leather accessories, traditional juttis, Mughal carpets, Semi Precious Stones, Rugs, Textile made with bamboo and banana and others.
Sadar Bazaar, Subhash Bazaar, Kinari Bazaar, Shah Market etc. are the most popular. You ought to take a trip through these streets. Even if you are planning to buy nothing, the sight of these items is marvellous.
Get Complete Guide : Things to Shop in Agra
3. Mohabbat The Taj Show
Visit Kalakriti Conventional Centre at 6:30 pm every day to watch the musical drama about Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal. This drama includes traditional dancing and singing with Mughal era royal costumes. The play is in Hindi, but you can opt for headphones with English translation.
- Famous for : Experience Seekers Fun Lovers
- Visiting Time : 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM (For Show Bookings or Inquiry)
- Visit Duration : Around 3 hours
4. Royal SPA
In ITC Mughal Chain, you can experience a royal and luxurious relaxing time in Kaya Kalp which is the royal spa in Uttar Pradesh. This activity is for those who want to have some Mughal styled massages as this spa is built in the theme of Mughal Dynasty.
This royal spa is the largest spa of India which offers the traditional massages and therapy which not only clease the body but the soul by providing the energy.
- Famous for : Pampered Souls Experience Seekers
- Massage Duration : 30 min massage
This is an open-air shopping space where you can find a lot of shops and stalls. If you are a shopaholic or want to watch and enjoy the local life of people in Agra, you ought to visit Shilpgram.
Other important activities include Taj Museum, Maikhana and numerous shopping arenas scattered throughout the city.
- Famous for : Local Bazaar / Shopping Market Arts and Craft Village Unique Experiences
- Entrance Fee : No entry fee
- Visiting Time : All days of the week 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Visit Duration : 1 to 2 hours