5 Things to Know about Golden Chariot Train
Named after the famous Stone Chariot in Hampi, Karnataka, the grand Golden Chariot luxury train offers extravagance onboard to its passengers. The luxury train consists of 19 carriages with a logo of a lion and the head of an elephant. The exteriors showcase royal colors of Gold and Purple and interiors done to reflect the regal architecture of Mysore.
A joint initiative by Indian railway catering and tourism corporation along with Karnataka state tourism development corporation (IRCTC and KSTDC), and hospitality services onboard is maintained by The Mapple Group.
1. History of the Golden Chariot Luxury Train
The opulent Golden Chariot train made its maiden sojourn on March 10, 2008 touring popular destinations in Karnataka. It was first signed by the two corporations in the year 2002 and the designs for the coaches were assigned to ICF – integral Factory Coach. It is said that it took almost 900 designs to finally choose one design for the railway carriages. On January 23, 2008, after architect and 200 carpenters the gold and purple colored train embarked on its first tour from Bangalore touring popular destinations.
Suggested Read: Golden Chariot Luxury Train Services Will Start from March 2020
2. Facilities onboard the Golden Chariot Train
The luxury train consists of total eleven carriages named after different dynasties in Karnataka famous for their royalty. This includes Hoysala, Sangama, Chalukya, Vijayanagar, Bahmani, Yadukula, Kadamba, Rashtrakuta, Kadamba, Ganga, Satavahana, and Adil Shahi. Each of the carriages has four cabins with a total of 44 cabins in all. Facilities onboard includes 2 fabulous restaurants namely Nala and Ruchi serving delectable vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, a lounge bar – Madira with international drinks, Nirvana spa and gym center, a conference hall seating 30 and equipped with modern facilities, etc.
Read Also: 20 Best Train Journeys in India
3. Cabins onboard the Golden Chariot train
The 44 cabins onboard the Golden Chariot luxury train have state-of-the-art modern facilities to cater to the guests. They are equipped with latest technology such as satellite TV channels and Wi-Fi internet connectivity. For the comfort of guests there is also a writing desk, wardrobe, LCD TV and they are centrally air conditioned. Each of the carriages have four cabins with a total of 44 cabins in all. The cabins are done in royally themed wall paneling, furniture and ceilings as well as carvings to reflect the ancient regal Mysore architecture.
4. Destinations of the Golden Chariot luxury train
1. Splendour of the South: The tour starts and ends in Bangalore covering destinations such as Chennai, Pondicherry, Madurai, Thanjavur, Trivandrum, Alleppey and Kochi spread across 3 states – Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
2. Pride of the South: The tour starts and ends in Bangalore covering destinations such as Srirangapatna, Mysore, Thanjavur, Shravanabelagola, Belur, Halebid, Hampi, Badami, Pattadakal and Goa spread across 2 states – Karnataka and Goa.
5. Health & Recreation onboard Golden Chariot Train
The Golden chariot train also has a health spa and fitness center onboard to keep the guests health and well being in mind. There are wide ranges of Ayurvedic Therapies or Spa massage available by specialists at the Nirvana Spa onboard the luxury train. There is also a mini-gym so that health conscious guests can keep fit while traveling on the train for a week long tour. The health center and gym is located on the recreation carriage on the luxurious Golden Chariot Train.
Know more about Golden Chariot:
- Golden Chariot train schedule
- Golden Chariot train fares
- Facilities of Golden Chariot train
- Terms and Conditions – Golden Chariot train
- Golden Chariot Train Booking
Suggested read some article: