Delhi – Lucknow Tejas Express – India’s First Train to be Operated by Private Players
Tejas Express may become India’s first luxury chair car train to be operated by private players. This is an experimental initiative taken by the Indian Railway to test the participation of private sector in this field. Despite huge protests from the railway unions, the railway authorities transferred the operation of two of its trains and are looking forward to the same. The train will operate between Delhi and Lucknow with a single stop at Kanpur. However, the date of operation is not yet decided.
Also Read : Introduction to Indian Railway Reservation
Delhi – Lucknow Tejas Express Train Schedule
Tejas Express will be running five days a week (except Thursday and Sunday). At 6:50 AM it will leave Lucknow Junction and will take a halt in Kanpur at 8:05 AM. Finally, the train will arrive in New Delhi at 1:35 PM. On the return journey, the train will depart from New Delhi at 3:35 PM and reach Kanpur sharp at 8:30 PM. And at 10:05 PM, the train will finally arrive in Lucknow.
Since an existing Swarn Shatabdi Express runs on the same route, a reverse concept has been used for this purpose. As the Swarn Shatabdi Express departs from New Delhi in the morning, the Tejas Express will be departing from Lucknow around the same time, added an official.
The much-awaited Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express Project was announced in the year 2016. But it was delayed due to the shortage of train rakes. Eventually, the Kapurthala coach factory provided the rake to Lucknow in the year 2018. Presently, this new luxury train stands parked at the Anandnagar Railway Junction in Uttar Pradesh.
The train’s custody will be handed over to the IRCTC who will be paying the lease charges to IRFC, the financial arm. After an open bidding process, the onboard services will be transferred to the private operators who will be taking care of its day to day operation. According to a railway official, these two trains will start operating within a period of 100 days. The routes are still not identified and it will be decided based on low congestion and the tourist attractions that the trains can connect. It is said, the IRCTC Officials will be coming up with a structured plan by 10th of July 2019.
Also Read :
- How to Book Palace on Wheels Luxury Train
- Palace on Wheels Departure Dates 2019, 2020 – 2021
- How to Book Maharaja Express Train Tickets
- Booking of Maharajas Express For 2019 – 20 & 2020 – 21
Tejas Express Train Facilities
Tejas Express will offer premium services to its passengers.
- Personalised LCD screens
- Wi-Fi internet access and reading lights
- The train also features mobile charging points
- Modular bio-toilets equipped with sensor tap accessories.
- Mini pantry and attendant calling buttons
- Automated and dust-sealed interconnecting doors as well as entry-exit doors.
- Comfortable seats with yellow, orange colour scheme that perfectly complements the exterior of the train.
- CCTV cameras, LED lights, smoke detectors and anti-graffiti vinyl wrapping among other features.
Palace on Wheels Luxury Train Special Offer
Also Read :
- List of Luxury Trains in India
- List of Luxury Trains in the World
- 15 Most Expensive Trains in the World
- Why choosing a luxury train for traveling is the convenient one in India?
- Who Made The First Train In The World?