February Weather in India
The weather of the land varies dramatically during February month in India. The beginning of the month will be cool and pleasing and by the end of the month, India would have become a warmer tropical region. Depending on the destination, the rainfall can be from 0 to 21 mm. If you want to avoid rainfall, choose southwestern destinations of the country.
Overall, February is hot, but it is easily bearable. The coastal area gets quite warmer than the in lands. By dusk, the land is cooled to an average of 19 degree C making it easier for you to enjoy nightlife, sightseeing and others. In terms of rainfall, Goa holds the least amount of rainfall and New Delhi experiences the highest pour.
Suggested Article- January Weather in India
Know How Climate changes & February weather in India
December to March is the tourism season and thus, February is also preferred by tourists just like any other month. During the day, the temperature can peak to an average high of 30 degree C and by night, it will drop to 19 degree C by night. By, as the month passes by, the temperature increases gradually.
|Average high temperature||78 degree F/ 24 degree C|
|Average low temperature||51 degree F/ 14 degree C|
|Day-time clothing||Thick cotton clothing|
|Night-time clothing||Thin woolen clothing or a cotton coat will be sufficient|
|Effect on tourism||Peak tourism season|
Covering each zone of India weather in February
Average Temperature: Maximum average temperature is experienced in Indore (84 – 55 degree F/ 29 – 11 degree C) and the minimum average temperature is experienced by Srinagar (47 – 31 degree F/ 8 – -1 degree C).
Average Precipitation: 0.1 to 2.7 mm of rainfall (maximum in Srinagar and lowest in Indore) average days of rainfall is between 1 and 7.The climate is still cold. After dawn, it is better to walk out wearing a thick jacket.The mornings can be sunny and pleasing at times. By the end of the month a few destinations have mild showers. The Himalayan destinations still have severe snowfall.
Read More About – North India Tour packages
Average Temperature: The maximum average temperature is experienced by Madurai of Tamil Nadu (91-70 degree F / 33-21 degree C) and the minimum average temperature is enjoyed by Vijayawada of Andhra Pradesh (69-64 degree F/ 21 – 18 degree C).
It is comfortably cool to visit South India during February. It is quite a dry month. The coastal areas will be lush with beauty and tourists. The temperature starts to increase steadily from mid of February. Are you visualizing a beach vacation in February? India will never let you down.
Choose our classic tour packages like:
- 9 days – Goa beaches and Golden Triangle
- 5 days – South India beach holiday
- 10 days – India beach holiday package
- What is Golden Triangle Tour India and Why its famous?
- 10 Reasons To Explore Golden Triangle India During Your Next Vacation
West India – Best Tourist Destinations: Goa, Lonavala, Aurangabad, Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani and others.
Average Temperature: The maximum average temperature is experienced by Surat of Gujarat (91 – 61 degree F / 33-16 degree C). The minimum average temperature is enjoyed by Jaipur of Rajasthan (78-52 degree F/ 26-11 degree C).
Average Precipitation: Highest rainfall takes place in Nagpur of Maharashtra (0.9 inches) and the lowest rainfall takes place in Pune of Maharashtra (0.1 inches).However, many other destinations like Mumbai, Goa, Rajkot and others do not receive any rainfall during this month.
Know About – India Tour packages – Explore India Places
Beaches have less chances of getting drenched with rain. It is the bikini season in the western region. As you move towards the south, the temperature gets very humid and dry. The inland areas of western India are quite dry and cool during this month. If you are in west India during February, add as much water activities as possible to your itinerary. Do you know that the country even celebrates surf festival during February? To know more, read Manish Kumar’s 5 Things that every traveler should do in India in February.
East India – Best Tourist Destinations: Kazirnga national park, Ziro valley, Gorichen peak, Nathu la pass, Tawang monastery and others.
Average Temperature: Maximum temperature is experienced by Bhubaneshwar of Orissa (89 – 66 degree F/31 – 19 degree C) and the minimum temperature is experienced by Shillong and Cherrapunji (63 – 48 degree F/ 17-9 degree C).
Average Precipitation: Around 0.8 to 2 inches of rainfall (average days of rainfall in January is 2-8 days). The heaviest precipitation takes place in Assam (2 inches) and the lowest precipitation takes place in Raipur of Chhattisgarh (0.8 inches)
Surprise rainfall is quite common in this region, by the end of the month. Temperature starts to increase very rapidly during this month, than you might not believe it to be winter. With sunny days, it becomes easier to scale many destinations. If you are visiting high altitude destinations, choose afternoon so that the sky will be clear and blue.
Tips for traveling during February in India
- Thanks to the very less religious festivals during this month, this is the right time to visit very crowded pilgrimage destinations like Madurai, Varanasi, Haridwar and others with ease. Do you want to cover many pilgrimage destinations during your vacation?
Here are the top suggested tour packages:
- 4 days – South India pilgrimage tour (Madurai + Trichy + Chennai)
- 9 days – Golden triangle with Varanasi tour (Ganges tour)
- Grapes are common during February. So, make sure to visit any vineyard to enjoy the harvest season. Some even allow you to watch and take part in the wine making process.
- Most of the water activities will be at prime beauty like scuba diving, canoeing, pedal boating, yachting, kayaking, snorkeling and others. If you are ready to enjoy beach activities, this quite be a mesmerizing month to visit beaches.
- The wildlife sanctuaries and bird sanctuaries (no migration birds) will be at prime beauty during this month. Since it is the end of the harsh winter season, you can spot animals, better. Do you want to cover more wildlife safaris during your vacation? Read out exclusive blogger Alina Jack’s 10 Best wildlife safaris in south India
- This month marks the end of snow activities in this country. Thus, visit any high altitude destination to enjoy the snow. Remember that not all snow activities will be open, as many destinations would be experiencing melting of snow.
Festivals and fairs of February India
- Kila Raipur rural Olympics – Punjab – enjoy tractor racing, bullock cart racing, cultural activities, stalls and much more.
- Indian art fair – New Delhi – Enjoy galleries of new media art, sculptures, paintings and performance arts. You can also find many book launches, workshops and much more.
- Global bird watcher’s’ conference – Gujarat – this celebration is for wildlife lovers. Nal Sarvoar, Thol bird sanctuary and Indroda Park will be filled with bird watchers waiting for conferences, nature walk, guided tours and much more. Does this sound interesting? Are you a wildlife enthusiast? Travelogy India has themed vacations to choose your interest.
Top suggested tour packages are:
- Jaisalmer desert festival – Jaisalmer: This festival covers numerous cultural activities in the desert. Top attractions to enjoy are folk dance and music performances, turban tying competition, mustache competition, camel race, camping and much more. Get Complete info about Jaisalmer Desert Festival.
- Surajkund international crafts mela – Faridabad (closer to New Delhi): This is the fair for foodies and shopaholics. You can find numerous stalls, which sell many souvenirs and interesting items of clothing, handicraft, pottery, jewelry and of course the local cuisine. Every year, the theme of the fair changes and it will be unique.
February is the classiest month to visit India.
Do you want to add more luxury to this classy month? Choose luxury trains.
Top itineraries to cover in February are: