February Weather in India
The weather of the land varies dramatically during February month in India. The beginning of the month will be cool and pleasing and by the end of the month, India would have become a warmer tropical region. Depending on the destination, the rainfall can be from 0 to 21 mm. If you want to avoid rainfall, choose southwestern destinations of the country.
Overall, February is hot, but it is easily bearable. The coastal area gets quite warmer than the in lands. By dusk, the land is cooled to an average of 19 degree C making it easier for you to enjoy nightlife, sightseeing and others. In terms of rainfall, Goa holds the least amount of rainfall and New Delhi experiences the highest pour.
Suggested Article- January Weather in India
Know How Climate changes & February Weather in India
December to March is the tourism season and thus, February is also preferred by tourists just like any other month. During the day, the temperature can peak to an average high of 30 degree C and by night, it will drop to 19 degree C by night. By, as the month passes by, the temperature increases gradually.
|Average high temperature||78 degree F/ 24 degree C|
|Average low temperature||51 degree F/ 14 degree C|
|Day-time clothing||Thick cotton clothing|
|Night-time clothing||Thin woolen clothing or a cotton coat will be sufficient|
|Effect on tourism||Peak tourism season|
India Tour Packages by Duration
Covering each zone of India weather in February
1. North India Temperature in February
- Best Tourist Destinations in North India: Srinagar, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Amritsar, Agra and others.
- Average Temperature: Maximum average temperature is experienced in Indore (84 – 55 degree F/ 29 – 11 degree C) and the minimum average temperature is experienced by Srinagar (47 – 31 degree F/ 8 – -1 degree C).
- Average Precipitation: 0.1 to 2.7 mm of rainfall (maximum in Srinagar and lowest in Indore) average days of rainfall is between 1 and 7.
The climate is still cold. After dawn, it is better to walk out wearing a thick jacket. The mornings can be sunny and pleasing at times. By the end of the month a few destinations have mild showers. The Himalayan destinations still have severe snowfall.
North India Travel Guide
- About North India
- History of North India
- Culture of North India
- Best Time to Visit North India
- Desserts of North India
- Weather in North India
- How to Reach North India
- North India Fast Facts
- Places to Visit North India
- Shopping in North India
- Foods in North India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Things to do in North India
- Wildlife Safaris in North India
- Luxury Resorts in North India
Popular North India Tours
2. South India Temperature in February
- Best Tourist Destinations: Lepakshi, Araku valley, Dandeli, Alleppey, Lakshadweep, Tranquebar and others.
- Average Temperature: The maximum average temperature is experienced by Madurai of Tamil Nadu (91-70 degree F / 33-21 degree C) and the minimum average temperature is enjoyed by Vijayawada of Andhra Pradesh (69-64 degree F/ 21 – 18 degree C).
- Average Precipitation: Highest rainfall takes place in Pondicherry (1.2 inches) and the lowest rainfall takes place Mysore of Karnataka (0.2 inches).
It is comfortably cool to visit South India during February. It is quite a dry month. The coastal areas will be lush with beauty and tourists. The temperature starts to increase steadily from mid of February. Are you visualizing a beach vacation in February? India will never let you down.
South India Travel Guide
- What To Buy In South India
- Festivals of South India
- Heritage Sites of South India
- Beaches of South India
- Luxury Spa Resorts in South India
- Wildlife Safaris in South India
- Places to Visit in South India
Popular South India Tours
3. West India Temperature in February
- Best Tourist Destinations: Goa, Lonavala, Aurangabad, Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani and others.
- Average Temperature: The maximum average temperature is experienced by Surat of Gujarat (91 – 61 degree F / 33-16 degree C). The minimum average temperature is enjoyed by Jaipur of Rajasthan (78-52 degree F/ 26-11 degree C).
- Average Precipitation: Highest rainfall takes place in Nagpur of Maharashtra (0.9 inches) and the lowest rainfall takes place in Pune of Maharashtra (0.1 inches).However, many other destinations like Mumbai, Goa, Rajkot and others do not receive any rainfall during this month.
Beaches have less chances of getting drenched with rain. It is the bikini season in the western region. As you move towards the south, the temperature gets very humid and dry. The inland areas of western India are quite dry and cool during this month. If you are in west India during February, add as much water activities as possible to your itinerary. Do you know that the country even celebrates surf festival during February?
4. East India Temperature in February
- Best Tourist Destinations: Kaziranga national park, Ziro valley, Gorichen peak, Nathu la pass, Tawang monastery and others.
- Average Temperature: Maximum temperature is experienced by Bhubaneshwar of Orissa (89 – 66 degree F/31 – 19 degree C) and the minimum temperature is experienced by Shillong and Cherrapunji (63 – 48 degree F/ 17-9 degree C).
- Average Precipitation: Around 0.8 to 2 inches of rainfall (average days of rainfall in January is 2-8 days). The heaviest precipitation takes place in Assam (2 inches) and the lowest precipitation takes place in Raipur of Chhattisgarh (0.8 inches)
Surprise rainfall is quite common in this region, by the end of the month. Temperature starts to increase very rapidly during this month, than you might not believe it to be winter. With sunny days, it becomes easier to scale many destinations. If you are visiting high altitude destinations, choose afternoon so that the sky will be clear and blue.
North East India Travel Guide:
- Culture of North East India
- Festivals in North East India
- Foods in North East India
- History of North East India
- How to Reach North East India
- Monasteries in North East India
- Places to Visit in North East India
Weather in India by Months
Tips for Traveling during February in India
- Thanks to the very less religious festivals during this month, this is the right time to visit very crowded pilgrimage destinations like Madurai, Varanasi, Haridwar and others with ease. Do you want to cover many pilgrimage destinations during your vacation?
- Grapes are common during February. So, make sure to visit any vineyard to enjoy the harvest season. Some even allow you to watch and take part in the wine making process.
- Most of the water activities will be at prime beauty like scuba diving, canoeing, pedal boating, yachting, kayaking, snorkeling and others. If you are ready to enjoy beach activities, this quite be a mesmerizing month to visit beaches.
- The wildlife sanctuaries and bird sanctuaries (no migration birds) will be at prime beauty during this month. Since it is the end of the harsh winter season, you can spot animals, better. Do you want to cover more wildlife safaris during your vacation? Read out exclusive blogger Alina Jack’s 10 Best wildlife safaris in south India
- This month marks the end of snow activities in this country. Thus, visit any high altitude destination to enjoy the snow. Remember that not all snow activities will be open, as many destinations would be experiencing melting of snow.
India Tour Packages by Destinations for February
Festivals and Fairs of February India
- Kila Raipur rural Olympics – Punjab – enjoy tractor racing, bullock cart racing, cultural activities, stalls and much more.
- Indian art fair – New Delhi – Enjoy galleries of new media art, sculptures, paintings and performance arts. You can also find many book launches, workshops and much more.
- Global bird watcher’s’ conference – Gujarat – this celebration is for wildlife lovers. Nal Sarvoar, Thol bird sanctuary and Indroda Park will be filled with bird watchers waiting for conferences, nature walk, guided tours and much more. Does this sound interesting? Are you a wildlife enthusiast? Travelogy India has themed vacations to choose your interest.
- Jaisalmer desert festival – Jaisalmer: This festival covers numerous cultural activities in the desert. Top attractions to enjoy are folk dance and music performances, turban tying competition, mustache competition, camel race, camping and much more. Get Complete info about Jaisalmer Desert Festival.
- Surajkund international crafts mela – Faridabad (closer to New Delhi): This is the fair for foodies and shopaholics. You can find numerous stalls, which sell many souvenirs and interesting items of clothing, handicraft, pottery, jewelry and of course the local cuisine. Every year, the theme of the fair changes and it will be unique.
Major Indian Fairs and Festivals
Top itineraries to cover in February are:
- Gems of India – Maharajas’ Express
- Jewels of South – Golden Chariot
- Indian Odyssey – Deccan Odyssey
- All India Tour packages by Train
Best Places to Visit in India by Months
Frequently Asked Questions about February Weather in India
A. Yes, October to March considers the best time to visit India.
A. November to February is the winter season and the best time to visit India.
A. You will not find hot anywhere in India in February. You can find cold in North while the temperature will be warm, pleasant and soothing in South.
No, February is the dry month in India. But North East and West India might have little rain shower.
A. Delhi, Agra, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Khajuraho, Thekkady, Alleppey, Goa etc. are the best places to visit in India in February.
A. Sonamarg, Tsomgo Lake, Manali, Gulmarg, Ladakh, Almora, Auli are the places where you can find snow.
A. Kala Ghoda Arts, Sula Fest, Matho Nagrang, Shekhawati Heritage Festival, Taj Mahotsav, Goa Carnival etc. are the festivals to be celebrated in February. Get Complete Info here.