Gatimaan Express- India’s First Semi-Bullet Train from Delhi to Agra
The iconic grey with the blue design of the Gatimaan Express has slowly become one of the highlights of Indian Railways. With just 12 coaches, this train is designed to run as one of the fastest trains in the country. This train provides semi high-speed service between commercial destinations allowing passengers to attend business in different cities with ease.
However, the main aim of this service was to promote tourism. The train provides a 2.5 to 3 hours gap between the fro and to service, allowing an ample amount of time for the passengers to enjoy sightseeing in Agra or Jhansi and return to Delhi on the same day.
Also Read : List of Luxury Trains in the World
History of Gatimaan Express Train
The Indian Railways had launched the most endorsed fastest train of the country, Gatimaan Express on Tuesday, the 5th of April. At 10:10 AM in the morning, on Tuesday, the Indian Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu flagged off the train at Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station of Delhi.
The train started its first service between Delhi (Hazrat Nizamuddin Junction) and Jhansi (Jhansi Junction). It covers 403 km in just 265 minutes, making it one of the fastest trains in the country. It started its first service in April 2018. However, the inaugural run was conducted in 2016. During this inaugural run, the train ran between Delhi and Agra in less than 100 minutes. There are plans to roll similar trains in different high-traffic routes like Nagpur and Bilaspur, Nagpur and Secunderabad, Hyderabad and Chennai, Kanpur and Delhi, and Goa and Mumbai.
It is a semi high speed train that is operated at a speed of 160 km/h (99 mph) between the popular Indian destinations Delhi and Agra. The train runs from Hazrat Nizamuddin to Agra Cantonment railway station, covering 188 km in 100 minutes.
Also Read : 20 Best Train Journeys in India
Agra Day Tours
Gatimaan Express Train Info
There are two Gatimaan Express trains now with number; 12049 and 12050. This class of trains is electric trains with in-built generator vans. Among the 12 coaches, two coaches are dedicated to luggage and generator. Among the remaining ten coaches, 2 are executive AC chair cars, and the rest is the AC chair car.
Also Read : 15 Most Expensive Trains in the World
Agra Travel Guide
- Best Time to Visit Agra
- How to Reach Agra
- Things to do in Agra
- Culture of Agra
- Shopping in Agra
- Reasons to Visit Agra
- What to Wear in Agra
- Famous Gardens in Agra
- Famous Attractions in Agra
Gatimaan Exprss Train Speed
Gatimaan Express, as promised covered a distance of nearly 200 km in exactly 100 minutes. Therefore, this electric locomotive with a horse power of 5,400 and top speed of 160 kmph, ran successfully from Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station, Delhi to Agra Cantonment station.
This train is little faster than the Bhopal Shatabdi Express, which was launched 28 years back. The Bhopal Shatabdi express reaches Agra in 117 minutes by taking a longer route from New Delhi Railway station.
Also Read : What to Know About Travelling by Train in India?
Get Complete Info: Best Experiences in Agra with Taj Mahal
Popular Agra Tours
Gatimaan Express Route
The train runs for 4 hours and 25 minutes (in case of no delay). The average speed of Gatimaan Express train is 91 km per hour. Find below Gatimaan Express Route:
|S. No||Railway Station||Average Speed (km/hour)||Code of station|
|1||Hajrat Nizamuddin Junction, Delhi||150||NZM|
|2||Agra Cannt Station, Agra||100||AGC|
|3||Gwalior Junction, Madhya Pradesh||80||GWL|
|4||Jhansi Junction, Uttar Pradesh||80||JHS|
Also Read : 20 Reasons Why Trains are better than Planes
Book Taj Mahal tour with:
Gatimaan Express Schedule
Train 12050 runs from New Delhi to Jhansi for six days a week (Saturday to Thursday).
|Station Name||Arrival Time||Departure Time||Halt Time|
|Hazrat Nizamuddin Station||N/A||8:10 Am||N/A|
|Agra Cantt Station||9:50 Am||9:55 am||5 Min|
|Gwalior Station||11:15 Am||11:17 Am||2 Min|
|Jhansi Station||12:35 Am||N/A||N/A|
Train 12049 runs from Jhansi to New Delhi for six days a week (Saturday to Thursday).
|Station Name||Arrival Time||Departure Time||Halt Time|
|Jhansi Station||N/A||3:05 Pm||N/A|
|Gwalior Station||4:05 Pm||4:07 Pm||2 Min|
|Agra Cantt Station||5:45 Pm||5:50 Pm||5 Min|
|Hazrat Nizamuddin Station||7:30 Pm||N/A||N/A|
Note : The train runs in each direction once a day. This train doesn’t operates on Friday.
Also Know about Luxury Train Schedule :
Gatimaan Express Fare
Gatimaan Express, which is fully air conditioned is comprised of 8 AC Chair Car coaches and 2 Executive AC Chair Car. This train sports the fare almost 25% higher than the Shatabdi Express.But, vowing to the speed and facilities, the fare is recognized to be a valid choice of luxury. Gatimaan Express ticket price varies on executive class and chair cars:
Gatimaan Express Fare Delhi to Jhansi
Executive Class – INR 1,365 per head
Chair Car – INR 690 per head
Gatimaan Express Fare Delhi to Agra
Executive Class – INR 1,040 per head
Chair Car – INR 540 per head
Also Read : Delhi – Lucknow Tejas Express – India’s First Train to be Operated by Private Players
Also Know about Luxury Train Fares :
Gatimaan Express Food
The train aims at matching the catering facility similar to aircraft.The catering standards of airlines are maintained on this train. Continental, Indian, and local cuisines are served, and passengers can choose from a wide range of delicacies.
Top dishes served on the train are mini dosa, whole wheat upma, fruit salad, Spanish white egg omelet, aloo kulcha, and Swiss Roll, chicken roll with dry fruits, walnut cake, and others. Some specialty dishes served are Lyonnaise potato, digestive cookies, green salad, coconut barfi, kebab, tomato salsa, and others.
World Famous Luxury Trains in India
Gatimaan Express Train Amenities
- Security Systems – emergency brake system, smoke alarms, automatic fire alarm,
- Entertainment Facilities – Passenger information system, the LCD screen on the back of the seat, similar to an aircraft, free wi-fi facility with multimedia services.
- The entertainment service provides content like top TV series, video songs, news, cartoons, movies, documentaries, devotional songs, and others. To avail this service, the passengers should have an app installed in their device.
- Bio-friendly bio-toilets
- Sliding doors
- Baggage Storage Facility – overhead rack; separate car for heavy luggage
- Large window with clear glass for sightseeing
- Exclusive Welcome – the train hostess will usher passengers to their seats with rose bunches, similar to luxury trains.
- On-board housekeeping department
Gatimaan Express Facilities
Below mentioned are the facilities of Gatimaan Express that will attract more and more passengers:
1. Train Hostesses : The train hostesses of Gatimaan Express will escort the passengers to their seats and will offer them roses.
2. Cuisines : In Gatimaan Express, passengers can relish both Indian and continental cuisines. upma, Kanjeevaram idli, mini dosa, swiss roll, chicken roll aloo kulcha, fresh cut fruits and roasted dry fruits will be served to its passengers. Besides, Spanish egg white omelet along with Chicken sausages and date walnut slice cakes will be served in Bone China Crockery.
3. Hotspot and Multimedia Content: Passengers can access free multimedia content. The coaches are equipped with Hotspot devices that allow the passengers to access multimedia on their smart-phones, laptops and tablets without any charges. Therefore, passengers can avail this service to access a wide range of multimedia content like videos, movies, film documentaries, TV serials, news, sports, video songs, cartoons and devotional songs, etc.
Note : To access the service, passengers need to download and install an app to enjoy this free service.
Also Know about Luxury Train Facilities :
How It will Improve Agra Tourism
It will definitely improve tourism as it takes lesser time to reach Agra from Delhi. Therefore, Tourists traveling to Agra from Delhi every year can travel comfortably and easily during their Same Day Taj Mahal Tour or Golden Triangle Tour.
Traversing to Agra from Delhi has now become easy with the launch of Gatimaan Express. It will save time and value money. It will hopefully give Indian tourism a new dimension. Travelogy India will definitely choose Gatimaan Express for the convenience of its guests providing them all comfort and ultimate experience of touring with impeccable services.
Also Read about How to Book Luxury Trains:
- How to Book Palace on Wheels Train
- How to Book Maharaja Express Train Tickets
- How To Book Tickets In Deccan Odyssey Luxury Train
- How to Book Golden Chariot Train Train