India Weather in September
This is the Indian autumn and the weather cannot be more neutral. The best part about the month is that, although the climate is pleasing, the month is considered as lean tourism month. Thus, you can get better deals in accommodation and commutation expenses.
Top September Paradises of India
- Ziro, Tawang and other destinations of Arunachal Pradesh
- Lonavala, Spiti Valley, Coonoor, Nainital, Kodaikanal, Araku valley and other high altitude destinations
- Daman and Diu, Pondicherry, Goa and other beach locations of the country
- Heritage sites like Hampi, Pushkar, Jaipur, Mahabalipuram, Tanjavur, New Delhi, Agra and others.
- Visit pilgrimage sites like Dwaraka, Vrindavan, Madurai and others.
Top Activities to Enjoy in September
- You can find many tribal festivals during September. Thus, ditch metro cities and focus on smaller destinations.
- This is the time for camping at lower altitudes, river rafting, trekking and other activities.
- The climate will be lush to spot many smaller mammals and colorful birds in wildlife sanctuaries. However, many sanctuaries will be closed as it is the breeding season for numerous species.
- The tea gardens, plantations and orchards will be lush and fresh. You can find many flowers in the fields and best time for romantic strolling.
- Water activities might not be at prime beauty but you can enjoy cruises, houseboats and other activities.
- Enjoy Ayurvedic treatments in Kerala. How about making Ayurveda, the theme of your vacation. Here are the top suggested tour packages.
1. 7 days – Kerala Ayurveda package
2. 14 days – South India Ayurveda tour
- Best time to visit numerous temples, to avoid crowd
Fairs and Festivals of September
Ziro Festival – Ziro
trekking, camping, cultural activities, tribal performances, feasts and much more.
Janmashtami – Throughout the country
Celebrated with rituals and celebrations in Lord Vishnu and Krishna temples. You can find local celebrations at Mumbai and Pune.
Ladakh Marathon – Leh
Marathon covering Leh, Choglamsar and Khardung.
Ganesh Chaturthi – Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Goa and Tamil Nadu
Celebrates the birth of Lord Ganesh with many pandals erected, rituals and cultural activities for ten days. On the 11th day, a procession is conducted to dissolve the statues in sea. Are you interested in knowing more about this unique festival? Read - Ganesh Chaturthi Festivel - A Complete Guide & Information
Ladakh Festival –Ladakh
celebrated for a week with dances, processions, yak dance, archery, polo, rafting, feasts, music performances and much more
Ramnagar Ramlila – Near Varanasi
as the name indicates, this festival is all about Lord Ram. It is celebrated with drama, dance and music performances explaining the life of Lord Ram and battle of Ramayan.
What to Wear?
The temperature is very pleasing during this month. Light showers or even strong storms are common in certain areas. If you keep out of those destinations, you can complete your vacation with cotton clothing and a simple umbrella. Thanks to the recent rain, mosquitoes are quite common during this season. Remember to pack your mosquito repellent.
Fruits to Try in September
Are you visiting in September? Here are the top fruits to try in September.
- Custard apple
- Passion fruit
With September marking the lean season of luxury train, it is better to choose luxury train to enjoy India in September.
Read More: List of luxury train in the World
Top suggested tour packages of luxury train are:
- The Indian Panorama – Maharajas’ Express
- Palace on Wheels – Signature itinerary
- Maharashtra Splendor - Deccan Odyssey
To Know more about the Booking of luxury trains:
- Online Booking of Palace on Wheels train
- Maharajas Express train booking
- Deccan Odyssey train booking