Jaswant Thada Jodhpur – The Taj Mahal Of Mewar
This white memorial stands closer to a small lake, creating a perfect getaway from the bustling chaos of Jodhpur. This peaceful monument is beautified with jalis, art works and portraits of Rathore rulers. This peaceful monument is illuminated by sunlight and a classic beauty of Rajputana and Mughal fusion architecture. The artwork beauty with floral garden gives the best landscape to enjoy a serene time. The beauty of the Mewar Taj Mahal is enjoyed by thousands of people very year.
Get here a complete information about Jaswant Thada – The Taj Mahal of Mewar.
History of Jaswant Thada
This memorial was built by Sadar Singh for his father. During the ceremony of the king, a peacock deliberately fell into the funeral pyre and died. There is a memorial dedicated to the peacock. A few other royal members were also buried in the monument.
Also Read : How to Explore Rajasthan by Luxury Trains?
Suggested Tour : 8 Days – Rajasthan Tour from Jaipur
Architecture of Jaswant Thada
It is common information that the monument is made with pure marble. However, the sheets of marble used for building were polished very thinly to create a glowing illumination when sunlight falls on it.
There are three cenotaphs in this ground, covered with garden filled with carved gazebos and bordered by a small lake.
This monument is built similar to a Hindu temple. The mausoleum is built with best carvings and art works with domes and simple sculptures.
Suggested Tour : 11 Days – Off Beat Rajasthan Tour
Also Read : A Travel Guide to Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur
Popular Rajasthan Tours
Interesting things to do in Jaswant Thada
- The greenery around the monument gives a mesmerizing contrast look, which looks more beautiful during sunrise and sunset.
- The lake side view of the monument is the most serene place of this monument.
- Walk through the monument to get a look at the carvings
- The remains of the burnt wood, which was used for burning royal families, can be seen in the memorial.
- You can spot colorful birds and squirrels along the lawns of the monuments.
Also Read : Rajasthan International Folk Festival, Jodhpur
Suggested Tour : 10 Days – Rajasthan Tour With Taj Mahal
Jodhpur Travel Guide:
- Tourist Attractions in Jodhpur
- How to Reach Jodhpur
- Best Time to Visit Jodhpur
- Things to do in Jodhpur
- Things to do in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- What to Eat in Jodhpur
- Shopping in Jodhpur
Interesting Facts Of Jaswant Thada
- This monument is named after Maharaja Jaswant Singh II. It was built by his son, Maharaja Sadar Singh in the end of 19th century.
- As the nickname of this monument indicates, the monument is made with pure marble.
- You can find many paintings of previous rulers of the region.
- Just like many Mughal structures, this monument also uses red stones to give the marbles a grand white look.
- The shallow lake that sides the monument was used to perform final rituals for the dead in the past. Today, the tourism department has released a few ducks in the lake.
- If you visit during tourism season, you can find many musicians and local singers performing in the steps of the monument. This is the right place to enjoy authentic Rajasthani songs.
- Each memorial inside the monument is uniquely decorated with artwork and it gives the history of the one to whom each memorial is dedicated to.
- The entire monument is ornamented with carvings in the pillars and arches.
Read More : About Interesting Facts of Rajasthan
Suggested Tour : 11 Days – Rajasthan Tour from Mumbai
Also Read : Top 18 Interesting Facts about India
Travelling tips to visit Jaswant Thada
- You would need to walk for long distance and stand on feet all day. Thus, wear comfortable shoes.
- Rajasthan is a desert state and the climate is generally warm and humid. Hat, sunglasses, cotton dresses and sunscreen lotion are must.
- Do not forget to remove your shoes while getting into Jaswant Thada. This is a way of paying respect for the dead.
- While you are visiting Jaswant Thada, do not forget to cover Mehrangarh Fort.
- As mentioned before, it will be very hot and humid. Thus, make sure to carry adequate water.
- Do not forget to bask the beauty of the monument and take as many pictures as possible.
- Make sure to get the perfect view of Umaid Bhawan Palace from the monument.
Suggested Tour : 15 Days – Historical Rajasthan With Agra Tour
Visiting Timing of Jaswant Thada
You can visit Jaswant Thada from 9 Am to 5 Pm; throughout the week
Suggested Tour : 12 Days – Rajasthan Tour from Jaipur
Also Read : Top Heritage Hotels to Stay in Jodhpur
Entry Fee of Jaswant Thada
Indians : INR 30 per head
Foreigner : INR 50 per head
Camera Fee : INR 25 per head
Video Camera Fee : INR 50 per head
Guide : INR 100
Suggested Tour : 14 Days – Rajasthan Agra and Varanasi Tour
Best Time To Visit Jaswant Thada
The entire state of Rajasthan is best visited during winter. The best time to visit Jodhpur is from October to March. This is the winter season, which has reduced humidity and heat. Moreover, the climate will be calm and the sky will be clear. Thus, you can get a grand view of monuments from Jaswant Thada.
Suggested Tour : 14 Days – Rajasthan Tour by Car from Delhi
Also Read : Best Time to Visit Rajasthan (Climate, Weather, Temperature)
How To Reach Jaswant Thada?
Jodhpur is an important destination in Rajasthan. Thus, you can find buses, trains and other transportations to reach Jodhpur from any part of Rajasthan. Once you are inside Jodhpur, you can find buses or taxis from any part of the city to Jaswant Thada.
Also Read : How to Reach Rajasthan (By Road, By Air, By Train)
Suggested Tour : 15 Days – Delhi Agra and Rajasthan Tour
Read More : Jodhpur Flamenco and Gypsy Festival
Luxury Train Itineraries to Covering Jodhpur
- 7 N / 8 D – Palace on Wheels (Fare, Departure, Booking)
- 6 N / 7 D – The Heritage of India (Maharaja Express – Fare, Departure, Booking)
- 6 N / 7 D – The Indian Splendour (Maharaja Express )
- 7 N / 8 D – Indian Soujourn (Deccan Odyssey – Fare, Departure,