Venice Simplon Orient Express: London To Venice
If you are looking for a timeless beauty in the name of a train travel, choose to board the historic train of Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. This train has stayed as an icon for luxury train travel with sophistication in every detail starting from black lacquer panels to champagne.
The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express: London to Venice has set the background for Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express novel. The train is still one of the most beautiful journey element in the entire Europe covering London, Paris, Innsbruck, Verona, Venice and others in numerous different itineraries.
A little history
In 1977, James B Sherwood purchased two trains in an auction. He renovated these ancient trains to create a luxury travel experience. He created the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express and British Pullman train by grouping vintage cars from various classic trains like Rome Express, Le Train Bleu and others. In 1982, the trains were ready for the marvelous maiden journey between London and Venice.
London to Venice
This journey stretches for two nights starting from London Victoria railway station to Santa Lucia station of Venice. Unlike most of the luxury train trips, this itinerary is not an excursion. It is a point-to-point transportation in the most exclusive and luxurious way.
If you are looking to make a vacation out of luxury trains, you could choose numerous itineraries in luxury trains from around the world like Maharajas’ Express, Palace on Wheels, Golden Chariot Train, Blue Train and so on.
You will board the Belmond British Pullman train. After you settle down, you will be served brunch as the train runs through the storybook-beauty Kentish countryside. Crossing British Channel is a separate procedure here.
The British Pullman stops at Folkestone West, a small station and you will be taken across the Channel in a shuttle train. Later, you will be transferred to Venice Simplon-Orient-Express.
In the train, you will be served four-course dinner. After meal, you can return to the cabin and rest. In the morning, the train will be running through Swiss Alps backdrop sceneries. Breakfast will be served in your cabin.
You can enjoy the rest of your day in the bar or relax in your cabin. Three-course lunch will be served in the restaurant cars.
Later, a set of pastries will be sent to your cabin. By late afternoon, the train crosses the Venetian Lagoon and reaches Santa Lucia station.
Also read : Feel like Royals with Luxury Trains of India
Highlights of the trip
- Three course brunch and lunch
- Four course dinner with seasonal menu including biscuits, cheeseboard, chutney and others
- Assortment of pastries
- Continental breakfast
- Excellent 24/7 steward services
- Scenic routes
The itinerary starts from 3,800 per person. The cost of the ticket will vary from time to time and depend on the type of accommodation chosen. Are you looking for a affordable luxury train itinerary? Choose Palace on Wheels or Deccan Odyssey luxury trains of India.
Also Read : List of Luxury Trains in India
Types Of Accommodation
Choose from varying levels of luxury with plush cabins. Basic amenities includes beds, in-suite washbasin, bathrobes, slippers, towels and others. The types of accommodation are
- Grand suite
- Cabin Suite
- Twin cabin
- Single cabin
Note: Maharajas Expess also offers 4 different cabins such as Deluxe Cabin, Suite Cabin, Junior Suite and Presidential Suite. Click here
Read more: List of Luxury Trains in the World
How to book tickets?
You can choose to book tickets directly from the official site of Belmond or, you can choose travel agency sites.
Also read :
- How to Book Palace on Wheels Train
- Booking of Maharajas Express For 2019 – 20 & 2020 – 21
- How to Book Golden Chariot Train 2020 – 2021
- If you are keen on privacy, choose to book a saloon or coupe in Pullman.
- Suite and tie styled dressing is essential in the train dining car. Smart-casuals is the strict dress code throughout the day.
- Do not just relax in your room. Explore the train, visit the bar and enjoy every inch of the train.
- There are three restaurants in the Simplon-Orient-Express. Try one for each meal.
- The train is an authentic 1920 train and thus, it does not have an en suite bathroom.
- There is no Wi-Fi connectivity in the train but there is good mobile reception throughout the trip.
- Pre-booking is very essential as the tickets are filled very fast, especially during holiday season.
Read Related Article on Train:
- Luxury Train Between Chennai And Madurai – Tejas Express
- Why choosing a luxury train for traveling is the convenient one in India?
- 15 Most Expensive Trains in the World
- Who Made The First Train In The World?
- What to Know About Travelling by Train in India?
- Golden Chariot Luxury Train Services Will Start from March 2020