Top 10 Visa Free Countries for Indian Citizens
If travelling was free, nobody would be seen in one place! Free trips would be anybody’s dream come true, but till that dream is realised, here’s a good news for most travel enthusiasts! Some of the most beautiful countries require no visa for Indians. What? Is this a dream? No. It’s a reality and here we tell you about the top 10 visa free countries for Indians, where you can travel without worrying about the hassles of visa processes.
The birthplace of GNH- Gross National Happiness, Bhutan is also known to be the world’s happiest country. Also known as Land of Thunder Dragon, Bhutan promises wonderful sights of its monks and monasteries, the ancient forts and the Eastern edge of Himalayas with its share of snow capped mountains, hills and valleys.
But Bhutan is not just limited to hills and monks. You can also visit Paro Dzong, a piece of architectural brilliance and savour the Bhutanese flavour in its unique dish called Ema Dasi which means chillies and cheese. The capital city of Thimphu is a great attraction too.
Visa Policy Of Bhutan for Indian Nationals:
- Indian citizens do not need a visa to enter Bhutan.
- The reason being the 1949 Treaty between Bhutan and India which allows for free movement of people between the two nations on a reciprocal basis.
- Indian citizens can obtain entry into Bhutan by air and land.
- Indian citizens may use any of the acceptable documents to enter Bhutan such as Indian Passport, Voter ID card with photograph and Identification Slip issued by the Indian Consulate Office in Phuentsholing upon presenting proof of Indian citizenship.
Home to Mt. Everest and eight of the world’s tallest mountains, Nepal is a must visit for adventure junkies and nature lovers, alike. Besides adventure sports and fancy trekking activities.
You can visit the Chitwan National Park for its one horned Rhinoceros, Royal Bengal Tiger and Gharial Crocodile. It is also home to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and over 35 ethnic groups which makes it a good place to explore diverse cultures.
Visa Policy of Nepal for Indian Nationals
- Indian Citizens do not need a visa to enter Nepal.
- Indians can reside permanently as Nepali citizens with no restrictions.
- The Reason being Article 7 the 1950 Indo-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship allows free movement of people between the two nations on a reciprocal basis.
- Indian citizens can use any acceptable documents to enter Nepal such as Indian Passport, Voter ID card with photograph, Registration certificate issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen residing in Nepal and Ad hoc/temporary identity card issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen in the event of emergency.
World Health Organisation has declared that Mauritius has the second cleanest air on Earth! Mauritius is officially known as the Republic of Mauritius.
Mauritius, an Indian Ocean island nation, is known for its beaches, lagoons and reefs. If you a beach person, Mauritius is the place to explore with its white beaches, and one of the world’s most extensive coral reefs.
The Island of Mauritius was first discovered by Arab sailors in 9th centurary. You can explore rare flora and fauna, indulge in colourful street shopping, have a diverse culinary experience, all within your budget.
Visa Policy of Mauritius for Indian Nationals
Mauritius Tourist Visa is not required for citizens of India for a stay upto 60 days!
Macau, also spelled as Macao. Known as ‘Vegas of China’, Macau is filled with luxurious casinos and hotels. It is a small Chinese territory approx. 30 sq.km in size.
Macau is known for famous destination for gambling. Macu was also a Portuguese colony for over 300 years which is why youc an explore unique streets with Portuguese names or Portuguese egg tarts! You can also enjoy duty-free shopping in Macau. Macau is approx. 60 kilometers west of Hong Kong
Visa Policy of Macau
The travel restrictions are very less and Indians can visit visa-free and stay for a maximum of 30 days.
Jamaica is an island country situated in the Caribbean Sea.The birthplace of Bob Marley, the first global superstar, Jamaica is a Caribbean musical paradise. Jamaica is the third most populous anglophone country in the Americas, after the United States and Canada. Christianity is the major religion in the Jamaica Island.
It is a beautiful island with alluring beaches, easy to trek mountain peaks and tropical fruits and delicious Jamaican cuisine taken with a shot of Rum!
Visa Policy of Jamaica for Indian Nationals
- Indian Citizens Get Visa-Free Entry into Jamaica for Stays of up to 30-days.
- According to VisaHQ, Indian citizens do not need a Jamaican visa if they stay in Jamaica for up to 30 days.
- The immigration officer will stamp the passport upon entry.
- The stamp will thereafter act as a valid tourist visa.
Fiji is the famous and beautiful country the in South Pacific. Also named as “Pearl of the Pacific”. An archipelago of more than 300 islands, Fiji offers dazzling beaches, exciting underwater world and its capital, Suva offers a Great Nightlife!
Fiji is famous for its friendly people and heavenly tropical islands. Fiji is blessed with turquoise waters, white sand beaches, and rich culture & traditions which makes Fiji is perfect fairyland.
Visa Policy of Fiji for Indian Nationals
- Indian Citizens do not require a pre-entry visa to enter Fiji.
- Visa will be issued upon arrival at the Airport or at the Port-of-entry by the Immigration Officers, provided the travelers arrive with: A valid passport.
- The Passport held by Indian Citizens must be valid for at least six months beyond the intended period of stay.
Maldives is the country which lies southwest of Sri Lanka and India. You can see the best beaches in the world or soak yourself within a thousand odd islads, exploring the amazing underwater world.
Maldives is the beautiful place made up of approx. 1200 small islands. Maldives is a small island country in South Asia, officially known as the Republic of Maldives.
Visa Policy of Maldives for Indian Nationals
- If an Indian citizen is travelling to Maldives, he or she does not require a visa prior to arriving at the country.
- He or she can obtain a visa on arrival at the airport itself.
- The visa on arrival is valid for a maximum of 90 days.
An archipelago of 155 islands in the Indian Ocean, off the coast of East Africa, Seychelles offers you exquisite beaches, coral reefs, diving, snorkelling, and rare wildlife such as the Giant Aldabra Tortoises.
You can also explore the mountain rainforests of Morne Seychellois National Park. English and French are mostly used in Seychelles as a local spoken language.
Visa Policy of Seychelles for Indian Nationals
Seychelles tourist visa is not required for Indian citizens for a stay up to 30 days.
Known as the Gateway to Africa, Senegal lies in Western Africa, and is known for its rich natural heritage. Its national symbols being The Baobab Tree and The Lion. Sengal is the most amazing country which attracts lots of tourist for its amazing wildlife, enchanting beaches, rich culture, and spellbinding islands.
Dakar is the most important and capital city of Senegal. Senegal is home country to several internationally renowned musicians and artists.
Visa Policy of Senegal for Indian Nationals
- Indian citizens who hold valid Indian passports can travel and stay to Senegal without visa for 90 days (three months).
- However, a round-trip ticket is required.
An Archipelago of about 200 limestone and volcanic islands, Palau is renowned for its underwater wonders with Diving being its most popular activites.
Visa Policy of Palau for Indian Nationals
- Palau tourist visa is required for Indian Citizens.
- Indian citizens can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days but can be extended twice for a fee.
- All applicants must apply in person at the nearest Embassy of Palau.