Kerala Fast Facts
- Kerala is the southernmost coastal state of India, a tourist attraction for its lush green landscape, hills, waterfalls, beaches and backwaters.
- Kerala backwaters run across the state at numerous places bounded by paddy fields, coconut trees and green foliage.
- Kerala in the native language, Malayalam but urban Keralites know English.
- Kerala is the only Indian state with 100% literacy rate.
- Life expectancy rate in Kerala is the highest in India.
- Indigenous Ayurveda system of medicines still serves as a mainstream system of medicines.
- Female to male sex ratio is highest in India
- Asian elephants are common in Kerala.