What and Where to Eat in Jaipur
Jaipur’s uniqueness comes from its fascinating history. Built amidst rugged hills, the fairy tale of the city is mesmerizing. This history has a lot of impact on its cuisine too. Jaipur rulers focused a lot on the quality and tradition of their kitchens too. Starting from the rituals of game meat serving to slow cooked meat, this cuisine is filled with richness. Since Jaipur is surrounded by ample amount of desert region, the cuisine focuses on beans and berries that are common in this area. For spices, they add dried and shredded mango, red chilies, coriander and fresh turmeric. Dried wild leaves that are found in the desert are used to create soothing curries.
Top Dishes to Enjoy In Jaipur
- Dal Kachoris and Other Flavors
- Lentil Puff Pastries
- Tikki of Different Varieties
- Bejad Roti
- Choorma of Different Style
- Laal Maas
- Smoked Laalmaas
- Pepper Chicken
- Mirchobadas – Made With Hot Green Chilies
Recommended Jaipur Tours
Best Restaurants to Dine in Jaipur
Apart from the stunning ambience, decent food and good serving, this cafe attracts people with its coffee cake. Khao Suey is also an important delicacy here. This café has taken healthy to the next level with well-dressed salads, freshly baked breads, fresh juice and others. You can find organic cheese cake made with ingredients that are grown and bred in their farm.
Laxmi Mishtan Bhandar
The place might be small, the ambience might be too busy, and loud but, the taste is guaranteed. You can taste numerous types of sweets and delicacies here. Top dishes to try are ghewar, milk cake and others. It is a vegetarian food restaurant, which also serves satvik food, food that is served in temples.
This is a different styled restaurant to enjoy unique dishes with familiar ingredients. The price is decent and menu is unique here. It is similar to a fusion restaurant.
Jaipur Modern Kitchen
This is a boutique hotel famous for classic menu. You can enjoy a classy time with your friends here. When it comes to delicacies, you can find interesting ones to pick here from brownies to cheese cakes.
As you dine traditional cuisine here, the folk artists will entertain you with dance and music. This place is famous for Govind Gatte, laalmaas and others. This place is for those who want a treat for their eyes, ears and tummy.
Are you looking for a hip spot to hang out with your friends? This is the right spot for quality food, good ambience and trendy spot. The bakery section is very famous here with pizzas, cakes, breads and others.
The ambience do no justices to the food here. The food is decent and good. You can find interesting Thai based items here and the place is calm for a family dinner.
Recommended Rajasthan Tours
Unique Restaurants to Dine in Jaipur
- 1135 AD – It goes by the name with medieval styled ambience, silver cutlery, elegant décor and others. The restaurant is famous for lalmaas.
- Sanjay Omelette – The restaurant is owned by a Master Chef contestant. The ambience might be humble but the food is rich here. Everything here has a touch of egg. The best ones to taste are Egg Pizza, Obama Omelette and Egg Soup.
- Night Life – As the name indicates, it is for those who want to enjoy nightlife. Decent food with pasta station, barbeque grills and drinks. Not a place for those who are seeking a calm dining experience.
Destinations for Street Food in Jaipur
- MI Road - Masala Tea, Sweets, Lassi And Snacks
- Fashion Street - Golgappas and Chaat Items
- Raja Park - Chicken Tikka And Other Non-Veg Snacks
- Sarogi Mansion - Srikhand
- Bapu Bazaar - Kulfi, Faluda and Others