With the Arabian Sea in the west, the Western Ghats imposing 500-2700m in the east and chained by 44 rivers, Kerala enjoys special geographical features that have made it one of the most sought tourist destinations in Asia. It’s equable climate, long shoreline with serene beaches, tranquil stretches of emerald backwaters, lush hill stations, exotic wildlife, waterfalls, sprawling plantations and paddy fields, ayurvedic, enchanting art forms, magical festivals, historic and cultural monuments, exotic cuisine and more, all make Kerala unique and discovering state. Travelogy India designed 10 Nights Kerala Village Tour that offers the culture of Kerala villages, how they live, traditions and customs.
Upon arrival on Kozhikode International airport, received by our local Representative Transfer to Wayanad which is 85kms far from airport. On arrive check in to hotel. Once arrive at beautiful hills station Wayanad. You will mesmerize with charm of wayanad. Relax at hotel. Overnight at Wayanad.
Today, Experience Chetyalathoor is small village completely oblivious to the modern ways of life. Village visit includes visit of Bamboo craft centre, Creche(Anganvadi), Heritage homes. Also visit village schools. Experience traditional mode of farming using the cattle and plough
After experiencing all these activities back to hotel.
Post breakfast leave for Cochin. On arrive check in to hotel. Rest of the day relax. Overnight at Cochin.
Post breakfast leave for Kumbalinga Village excursion. Here one can enjoy activities like club farm visit, crab catching, dehusking of coconut and coconut processing, Making coir fiber from coconut husk, making yarn from coconut fibre and Agriculture farm visit.
After sumptuous breakfast we arrive to Periyar. One of the most sought after wildlife destination. On arrive relax, Overnight at Periyar scenic resort.
This morning we move on to a lesser known destination in thekkady names Valiyapara. Here at Valiyapara we will participate in pappad making, bee keeping, visit of Ashram followed by Vanashree Auditorium located inside thekkedy forest are. Enjoy a magnificent tribal dance performance. Time to head to hotel.
Post breakfast leave for Kumarakom set on the bank of vembanad lake. Another attraction which attracts charm to Kumarakom beauty is Kumarakom bird sanctuary. Where you can find variety of bird’s spices and few of them are migatory bird.
Board on country boat to explore kumarakom villages. Kumarakom village activities begins with Coconut plucking. Locals have traditional as well as modern ways of coconut plucking followed by tasting of coconut. Another activities to experience are net fishing, Bow and Arrow fishing, world of screw pines, visit to dairy farm. After enjoying all these fun activities of dairy farm then head back to Kumarakom .
Begin journey for Kovalam. Kovalam is beach town by the Arabian Sea. Kovalam is an internationally famous beach with three adjacent crescent beaches, their names are samudra, Hawah and Lighthouse beach. Remainder of day relax on beaches. Overnight at Kovalam.
Enjoy a guided village tour near to kovalam beach. One can explore here village dairy farms, where you can try some fresh milk. Later head to crèche, its primary school for village children and also known as Aganwadi. Followed by visit of unit which produces several products from coconuts, weaving factory, Vegetatable farms and also visit villages where villagers spin coir and use them for various products.
At last we would take you to very interesting place where you can see traditional martial art of Kerala known as Kalariyapattu.
Time to head to nearest airport which is in Trivandrum. From there board on flight to onward journey. Travelogy India services end here.
Package Inclusions / Exclusions
- Accommodation in standard category of rooms at all hotels
- Meal Plan on Bed & Breakfast at all places accordingly
- All meals in houseboat.
- Enjoy Club Farm Visit, Crab Catching at Kumbalinga Village in Cochin
- Participate in Pappad Making(Poppadom), Bee Keeping at Valiyapara in Thekkady
- Enjoy a magnificent Tribal Dance Performance
- Find variety of bird species in Kumarakom bird sanctuary
- Explore the village dairy farms Vegetatable Farms nearby village of Kovalam
- See traditional martial art of Kerala
- English speaking guide as per places mentioned in itinerary.
- All Transfers & Must see Sightseeing as per itinerary by A/c Etios / A/c Toyota Innova / A/c Swift D’zire for the entire tour
- All applicable current taxes for hotels and transport
- Air Fare / Rail Fare
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry / tips / shopping / telephones / Medical etc.
- Any other expenses not mentioned in the inclusions mentioned above
- Guide to demonstrate
- Entry fees to Monuments specifically
- Charges in hotels for additional services
- Photography and video making fees at the sites
- Personal insurance
- Tips and gratuities