Tamil Nadu is one of the gems of South India with its wild sea, old forts, rock cut temples and lip smacking cuisines. A compact 5 Days Tamil Nadu Temple Tour can help you experience all these components at one go.
Today you arrive at Chennai and our representative escorts you to our pre-booked hotel. After check in you can spend the rest of the day by yourself. There is an overnight stay at Chennai.
Today after breakfast we checkout from the hotel and set out for the Chennai sightseeing tour. We start by visiting the Santhome Chatedral, which is a representative of the Portuguese culture of Chennai. It exhibits amazing Neo-Gothic architectural style and is an abode of peace and serenity.
We also visit the Fort St. George located at the shores of the Bay of Bengal. This fort was built by the British East India company in 1640 AD and is believed to be the first British construction in India. The Government Museum is one of oldest museums of the country, treasuring ancient Hindu sculptures, Bronze statues and other rare relics and paintings.
At afternoon, we begin our journey to Mahabalipuram via roadways. We check in a pre-booked hotel here and spend the rest of the day in leisure. There is an overnight stay here.
Today after breakfast you are taken to the famous Shore Temple of Mahabalipuram. This UNESCO World Heritage Site displays intricate carvings that define South Indian architecture. We also visit the Five Rathas, which is a set of rock temples, exhibiting the Dravidian architectural style. The temples are in the form of pagodas and resemble Buddhist monasteries. Arjuna’s Penance. takes you back in the time of Mahabharata, narrating a popular story from this great Indian epic. After a fulfilled exploration of Mahabalipuram you return to the hotel for dinner and night stay.
Today after breakfast we check out from the hotel and drive to Tanjore. After reaching Tanjore you check in a pre-booked hotel. After some refreshment, you head towards the first tourist hotspot, Brihadeeswara Temple. This temple is an epitome of architectural efficacy with 216 feet over the inner shrine and rich wall paintings belonging to the Chola and Nayak periods.
There is a huge statue of Nandi, the bull vehicle of Lord Shiva at the entrance of the temple. After this memorable trip to the temple you return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Today after breakfast our guide helps your checkout from the hotel and escort you to the nearest airport Tiruchirapalli International Airport / railway station; with this the trip comes to an end.
Package Inclusions / Exclusions
- Meeting and assistance upon arrival / departure by Travelogy India representative.
- Accommodation in standard category of rooms at all hotels
- Breakfast in the respected Hotel during the tour.
- English speaking Guide.
- All Transfers & sightseeing by Private A/C Deluxe Car including fuel, Toll Taxes, Road Taxes, Driver’s Allowance.
- All applicable Hotel Taxes & Service Taxes.
- Personal expense such as use of mini bar, mineral water, laundry, telephone etc. at the hotels. All such expenses will have to be paid directly.
- Meals that are not mentioned in the inclusions & Tips.
- Any Flights/India VISA/Medical Insurance.
- Extra cost due to strike, political problem, flight delay & cancel.
- Monuments Entrance Fees that has to be paid directly at time of arrival at Monuments.
- Any other thing that has not been mentioned in the "Cost Inclusions".