North India Fast Facts
Geographical Features of North India
Himalayan mountain ranges bound India from North to East with territorial borders with Pakistan in North and with China, Myanmar ( Burma) and Bangladesh in North-East. Arabian Sea in the West and Bay of Bengal in the East makes it a geographical triangle ending at Southern tip in Indian Ocean with a total coastline of 7,000 sp.km. Its total Area is 3,287,263 sq km.
However, North India constitutes Northern Himalayas and Indo-Gangetic plains only. North India is a gateway to Deccan (South) and deserts in west. Climate of North India is temperate in contrast to tropical monsoon in the south.
10 Basic Things That You Did Not Know About North India
- Any state above Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh is not considered as North India. We have East India, West India, North East India, North West India and North India. In short, Kolkata is in East India and the famous Mumbai is a western Indian state. Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Chandigarh, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana and Uttarakhad are the states in North India.
- The whole northern part of India does not speak Hindi. There are a lot of languages like Marathi, Punjabi and so on. Though they might sound similar to Hindi, there are numerous languages in the North India.
- North Indian cuisine is not just for sweets. Yes, there are a lot of milk and ghee based sweets that are mind blowing in North India, but, a lot of spicy foods are also found here.
- North India is not something that is dreaded with terrorism. You would have heard a lot of incidences in Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi and so on. But, it is important to know that those are very rare incidence and the safety in the land is very high.
- Though there are a lot of Hindu temples in North India, the whole North India is not filled with Hindus. All kinds of religions can be seen here and many religious structures of other religions can also be seen.
- As a matter of fact, Mt. Everest is not in India. It is in Nepal, a different country.
- One of the greenest cities in the world is in North India and yet it is called as concrete jungle. It is New Delhi.
- Just like language, the traditional dress and other customs vary from one state to another.
- It is a largely considered misconception that the north Indians and south Indians do not get along. As a matter of fact, they are very much united.
- North Indians are liberal than most of the other states in India. But, this does not mean that you have privilege over the women. They are equally traditional too. Do not get into trouble.
Beyond these misconceptions, there are hearts of thousands who are ready to welcome tourists to enjoy the natural and heritage wealth of the land. Do not turn calendar pages to look for the right time. Most of the attractions in this land are at its prime beauty all throughout the year. So, grab the North India Tour Packages immediately. Enquire Now!!!!!
Some of our top selling cultural tour packages of North India :