Why Christmas and New Year Celebrations in Goa
Goa is a magic word for any fun-loving traveler. From the exotic beach parties to the romantic moonlit cruises, Goa is best suited for an immemorial vacation. Hence make your Christmas and New Year celebrations special this year at the fun capital of India.
Why Celebrate Christmas at Goa?
Goa has been a Portuguese colony for a long time and it still bears the air of this rich culture. The state is dotted with ancient churches, which treasure some of the oldest scriptures of the religion; hence if you want the real Christmas feel in India, it must be at Goa. People exchange gifts here; Santa Claus amuse the children. Locals and tourists mix together freely and join the midnight mass, popularly known as Missa de Galo. People sing and dance through the night, dressed in their finest clothes and accessories.
Christmas in Goa is just not a religious festival but a celebration of life, where people from all religions and walks of life participate. People visit Goa is bask in the real charm of Christianity at the hundreds of years old churches, where wishes are often said to get fulfilled.
Read More : Christmas and New Year Highlights Events in Goa
Suggested Tour : 5 Days - Mumbai With Goa Tour
Why Party This New Year at Goa?
Goa lives on the motto of party through the night and hence is the hottest destination during New Years. The place is known worldwide for its beach parties. Dance through the night to the beats of music, sipping some quality wine and relishing spicy sea food. The New Year bash at Goa also includes visiting churches, storming the sea with thrilling water sports or absorbing the warmth of the sun over the silvery sands of the beaches.
Suggested Tour : 5 Days - Goa Beach Holidays
Enjoy some wild moments with paragliding or checkout your luck at the glittering casinos. Meet people from around the world this time at Goa or spend some solitary moments only with your loved ones sailing on River Mandovi or at the secluded beaches of Goa. Now, Goa is just not for the adults, kids can have ample amount of fun here, swimming, building castles at the beaches and snorkeling.
Tired after such a night full of madness? Restore your health and sooth yourself with authentic Ayurveda treatment. The beaches of Goa are filled with SPAs where you can get relief from pain and aches.
Read More : 10 Exclusive Party Places In Goa – Partygoer’s guide to Goa
Hence, to summarize at Goa you can
- Visit the beaches like Calangute, Baga and Vagator.
- Drink the locally famous beverage, KajuFeni.
- Enjoy trance music and dance all night at the discs. There are also special Rave parties at Christmas and New Year.
- Pray at the graceful churches, like Basilica of Bomb Jesus, The Se Cathedral, Lady of Rosary, the Rachol Seminary and the Church of St. Francis of Assisi.
- Enjoy the Sunburn Festival, which takes place three days and is attained by renowned DJs of the world.
- Cruise parties are also a choice for you this time, with abundance of food, drinks and music; sunset cruise, dinner cruise and Gia backwater cruise are most famous.
- Enjoy beach shacks to avoid crowd and enjoy some time just with friends at an affordable price. Bonfires, Goan food and beachside barbeque are the prime elements of these shack parties.
Last but not the least; remember to book your place today at the hotels, because Goa is a tourist hotspot at December. Begin this year in a great mood by visiting Goa.
Also Read : Top 10 Places in India to Celebrate New Year in Different Way
Popular Tour Packages to Celebrate New Year and Christmas covering Goa :