Laxmanpur Beach is a picture-perfect waterfront also called the beach no: 1 of Neil Island. The beach is famous for its shell sand bordering the turquoise water of Indian Ocean. The area closer to the beach has shallow water allowing tourists to enjoy many adventure activities like snorkeling, swimming, and others. Located just a couple of kilometers away from the jetty of Neil Island, this beach is found in the Laxmanpur village of Neil Island.
Things to do in Laxmanpur Beach
- Spotting sunset in this beach is a romantic activity.
- This is one of the best places in Neil Island to click picturesque photography
- People collect sea shells of unique shape and color as souvenirs.
- Sunbathing and evening strolling are some of the mild activities to enjoy, especially with kids.
- Bring a couple of sheets and an umbrella to enjoy beach picnic. The climate will be soothing and relaxing.
Adventurous Activities Laxmanpur Beach
- Snorkeling, swimming, and other water activities are common in this beach. Snorkeling is quite common during high tide season
- Scuba diving is also common in this area. You can find service providers who would provide an instructor and equipment for the activity.
Nearby Attraction of Laxmanpur Beach
Tips for visiting Laxmanpur Beach
- The beach is quite long and it is easier to find secluded picnic spots during peak season too. Thus, pack accordingly.
- There are no lifeguards in the beach. Thus, if you are planning to enjoy any water activities like snorkeling, hire any service providers.
- There are no shops closer by. Thus, you cannot buy anything here including water. Pack everything you need before travelling to the beach.
- Humidity is very high during summer season. Thus, wear light clothing and bring abundant water with you.
Entry Fee of Laxmanpur Beach
No entry fee to visit Laxmanpur beach. If you take part in any water activities with the help of a service provider, the tariff of the activity depends on the package provided by the service provider.
Best Time to Visit Laxmanpur Beach
The best time to visit within a day is the evenings or late afternoons. It is not possible to enjoy water activities after dark. So, plan accordingly. In terms of climate, March to May is the best time to visit water activities and, October to March is the time for enjoying tranquil beauty. The beauty of the beach remains intact throughout the year. However, tourists prefer not to visit during monsoon season, as snorkeling and other activities will be shut down.
How to Reach Laxmanpur Beach
You can find regular ferries every day from Port Blair and Havelock Island to reach Neil Island. You can find both government ferries and private boats from both the destinations to Neil Island.
From the jetty of Neil Island, people either trek to the beach or find auto rickshaws to hire. The sea planes from Port Blair to Neil Island are effectively stopped since 2019. Thus, ferry is the only option for inter-island travelling.
- Distance between Laxmanpur Beach and Neil Jetty is 2 km
- Distance between Laxmanpur Beach and Port Blair: 40 km
- Distance between Laxmanpur Beach and Sitapur beach: 6.6 km
- Distance between Laxmanpur Beach and Elephant beach: 19.6 km