Sitapur Beach, also called the Beach no: 5 is located at the tip of Andaman island. People call it, the sunrise beach, because the beach is famous for spotting sunrise. The beach has two curved bays and is prone to stronger currents. The white sandy beach is bordered with palm trees. This is one of the beautiful yet secluded beaches of Andaman.
Things to do in Sitapur Beach
- When the tide is low, people love to walk from one bay to another
- Catch the post-card perfect sunrise from the beach
- Apart from sunbathing, beach picnicking, and other beach activities, photography is also a charming activity here.
Adventurous Activities in Sitapur Beach
- Exploring small caves and limestone structures in the second beach, which are accessible during low tide.
- Coral exploration is an interesting activity here. People search the small pools around the rocky region for star fishes, sea urchins, sea cucumber, and others.
- Picking up live starfishes is quite an adrenaline gushing activity.
Nearby Attractions in Sitapur Beach
- Beaches like Radhanagar beach, Elephant beach, Kala Pathar Beach, and others
- Islands like Havelock Island, Inglis Island, and others
- Adventure activities or centers like Blue Coral Dive, Dive India, Captain Hook’s, and others.
Tips for visiting Sitapur Beach
- Although the currents are stronger, the water is safe for swimming. Just make sure not to hurt yourself in the coral rocks.
- If you wish to stay in the beach, bring a pair of sunglasses.
- There are numerous stalls selling coconut water. If you are looking for meals, you ought to travel a little away from the beach. The main market of Neil Island is 5 km away from the beach. Thus, pack everything you want before hitting the beach.
- The beach has too much beautiful corals around it. Thus, do not go bare feet into the water. The corals are sharp.
- Some people choose to collect dead corals, but you cannot carry them in the flight. TSA would not allow taking corals.
- If you are travelling in two wheelers, make sure to have a full tank of petrol. The nearest petrol bunk is very far away from the beach.
- If you wish to catch the perfect sunrise, you ought to visit before 5:00 am
Entry Fee of Sitapur Beach
There is No entry fee for the Sitapur Beach.
Best Time to Visit Sitapur Beach
The best time to visit Sitapur beach is from January to May. This is the peak time to visit to enjoy the pleasant ambience. However, the beach is at prime beauty, throughout the year. Tourists usually prefer not to visit during monsoon season, as it becomes impossible or unsafe to enjoy many water activities.
How to Reach Sitapur Beach
If you are travelling from Port Blair, you can find ferries to Neil Island. Once you reach Neil Island, you can find auto-rickshaws from the port to Sitapur Beach. Some people prefer to trek to the beach from the jetty of Neil Island. Although two-wheeler services are available, there are very uncommon as auto-rickshaw is preferred by the tourists.
Since 2019, sea planes do no operate to Neil Island. Thus, ferry is the only option to reach the Island from any other island of Andaman.
- Distance between Sitapur Beach and Port Blair is 65 km
- Distance between Sitapur Beach and Neil Island jetty is 5.2 km
- Distance between Sitapur Beach and Radhanagar Beach is 21.5 km
- Distance between Sitapur Beach and Lakshmanpur Beach is 6.6 km
- Distance between Sitapur Beach and Bharatpur Beach is 5.2 km