Top Reason to Visit Sawai Madhopur Ranthambore
The holiday season is somewhere around and it’s great to plan a holiday – but where? Would you go on an international shopping spree, get drenched in beach water tides, an adventure trek, or simply admire wildlife in their habitat for a different type of holiday? If you chose the last option then this article gives you all the information you need to know about on one of the top tourist destinations in India – Sawai Madhopur Ranthambore.
History and Overview of Ranthambore National ParkThe National Park is not only known for great water bodies, forests, wild big cats & exotic bird species. There is a great history on why this is called the Ranthambore National Park. There is a fort built in the center of this wildlife forests called Ranthambore Fort. This ancient historical fort dates back to 944 AD when the then Chauhan ruler built it over a ‘Ran Hill’ & ‘Thanbore’ Hill overlooking the wildlife park. This is how the Ranthambore Fort got its name. So, the wildlife forest that surrounds this fort is known as Ranthambore National Park of Sawai Madhopur. Visitors to the wildlife safari can also see the fort which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Things to do at Ranthambore National Park
- Watch the Amazing Big Cats walking around and sipping water at the water bodies
- Spread of vast wilderness with Rarest Flora & Fauna that you never knew about
- Take a Modern Safari Tour in a Jeep / Canter or Tour Fores on an Elephant Ride!
- A Wildlife Enthusiasts Heaven for Bird watching & seeing Wildlife in Nature
- Click pictures of great fauna, exotic species, and the wilderness across forest (fee applies).
- See the Lotus & White Lillies / Painted & Open Bill Storks of all sizes @ Padam Talab.
Top Reason to Visit Sawai Madhopur RanthamboreSawai Madhopur Ranthambore is an amazing tourist destination situated in North India. Many people love to visit though the weather is not favorable during hot months of summer season. There are a number of religious sacred sites for spiritual people. Some of them are Ganesh Temple, Amareshwar Mahadeo Temple, and Ranthambore Art School too. There are also tranquil water bodies such as the Padam Talab & Malik Talao near historical ruined structures like Kalandar Fort. If you are a wildlife enthusiast and adventurous tourist then Ranthambore is the place to visit due to the Bird Sanctuary and Safaris like Chambal National Safari. The top tourist spot famous in Sawai Madhopur Ranthambore is definitely the Ranthambore National Park which is a haven for photographers who can capture a royal tiger prowling or sipping water from the lake. Set in the backdrop of the famous and breathtaking Aravallis this land was once believed to be a hunter’s area for Kings and is now a Prominent Tourism Destination for many tourists. Read More: Ranthambore National Park- A Peaceful Abode of Tigers!
Ranthambore National Park Traveler’s Info:
Dress CodeNo specific dress code is required for visiting the Ranthambore National Park. However, there are some advisable clothing tips for first time travelers depending on which season you visit the Park:
- Avoid bright and attractive colors in all seasons.
- Wear comfortable footwear and clothing in all seasons.
- In summer, wear lightest clothing like cottons as a T will also make you sweat.
- In the summer, do not forget a large hat / cap & sunglasses and wear sunscreen to protect from heat.
- Wear number of warm jackets, mufflers, socks, mittens or gloves, and woolen caps in Winter.
Best Time to Visit Ranthambore National ParkNow is the best time to visit the Ranthambore National Park as Summers are scorching hot. The Wildlife National Park remains closed during the monsoon season. So, the best time to visit the Ranthambore National Park is from October to March. Timings for winter session are tailored according to the season and starts and/ or ends earlier than the other season. Recommended Tour: 8 Days itinerary of Golden Triangle with Rajasthan Wildlife Tour
Ranthambore National Park Timings
|S. No.||Month||Morning Trip||Evening Trip|
|1||1st October to 31st October||6.30 AM. to 10.00 AM.||2.30 PM. to 6.00 PM.|
|2||1st November to 31st January||7.00 AM. to 10.30 AM.||2.00 PM. to 5.30 PM.|
|3||1st February to 31st March||6.30 AM. to 10.00 AM.||2.30 PM. to 6.00 PM.|
|4||1st April to 15th May||6.00 AM. to 9.30 AM.||3.00 PM. to 6.30 PM.|
|5||15th May to 30th June||6.00 AM. to 9.30 AM.||3.30 PM. to 7.00 PM.|
How to Reach Ranthambore National Park
- By Air: Jaipur Airport is the closest to the wildlife safari. From here, visitors can hire a cab or take bus to reach Ranthambore National Park.
- By Rail: Sawai Madhopur Railway Station is the closest to the Ranthambore National Park. To reach the Park, you may take state run buses, hire a cab or call a taxi.
- By Road: There are state run buses, or cabs to the Ranthambore National Park. It takes 11 kilometers by road to reach the park.
Where to Plan a Holiday Tour This Year?The year end vacation time is close and you must have planned your leaves but not your holiday destination still. Sawai Madhopur Ranthambore National Park is one of the best places to visit this season. There is a year end 15 days holiday package for touring North India. In this 15 days tour the guests will see all the historic ancient sites including UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Taj Mahal, and get to stay overnight at nature resorts.
During this tour, the guests can visit Ranthambore and go sightseeing to many historic sites across Ranthambore & Sawai Madhopur for 4 days (Day 3 – Day 6) and visit the Ranthambore National Park. They get a choice of either jeep safari or elephant ride to tour the forest!
Elephant Ride[/caption] The holiday tour package has many interesting activities like riding an elephant to Amber Fort and overnight stay at peaceful resorts. Check out the details of the 15 days north India wildlife and cultural tour.
Duration: 15 Days Destinations Covered: Delhi - Jaipur - Ranthambore - Agra - Bandhavgarh - Kanha - Nagpur – Delhi You may want to check out other holiday tours on https://www.travelogyindia.com/ for various locations and other important terms & conditions @ https://www.travelogyindia.com/about-us/terms-conditions.html for other details.
Popular Tour Package :