Karnataka is the home to several historical architecture and ancient ruins. Hampi is one of them and listed as World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Travelogy India has designed 3 Days Hampi and Hospet Tour starting from Bangalore to explore the ruins of ancient Vijayanagara Empire.
You will be picked-up from your hotel or Bengaluru International Airport, in the city of Bangalore and at the ease of an air-conditioned car; you will be driven towards Hospet. After reaching Hospet, check in to a hotel. Visit the Tungabhadra Dam and its surrounding in the evening, which is considered as a popular picnic spot. Overnight stay at the hotel will be scheduled.
Post breakfast, go to explore Hospet and Hampi for the whole day. At first visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site - Hampi, which is located in the state of Karnataka among the ruins of Vijaynagar, a medieval city formed on the banks of the Tungabhadra River.
Then, pay a visit to the Vittala Temple, where you will find a huge chariot carved out of stone within its complex. The halls are known for their beautiful pillars with intricate carvings, besides there are a set of musical pillars that vibrate when tapped. Take a stroll on the path that leads to Riverside Ruins, connecting the ancient Hampi Bazaar and the Vittala temple, where you will find numerous shrines, ruins of ancient architecture and carved artifacts scattered everywhere.
You will then visit the Virupaksha Temple from 7th century. This oldest active temples in India consists of God’s sanctum in its complex. After this proceed towards the fortified Royal Enclosure. This area has numerous palace bases, aquatic structures and underground temples. Then move towards the Hemakuta Hill Temples nestled on a rocky hilltop with vibrations. There are sets of triple chambered temples, which are the highlights of these temples along with its pyramid shaped granite roofs. Then you will go to see the giant statue of God Ganesha called Kadalekalu Ganesha, which is 14 feet tall.
Also see another giant statue Lord Ganesha known as Sasivekalu Ganesha. After that visit the temple dedicated to lord Krishna comprising shrines of goddesses and the chariot along with market street and a temple tank in its complex. Then go to visit the most popular icons of Hampi - Lakshmi Narasimha (man-lion god). At the end of the tour you can see the Queen’s bath (a large veranda facing a pool surrounded with balconies) that resembles an indoor aquatic complex. Have a comfortable overnight stay at your hotel.
Post breakfast, your skilled driver will drop you off at your hotel in Bangalore or at the Bengaluru International Airport, as desired.
Package Inclusions / Exclusions
- Meeting and assistance upon arrival / departure by Travelogy India representative.
- Accommodation in standard category of rooms at all hotels
- Breakfast in the respected Hotel during the tour.
- English speaking Guide.
- All Transfers & sightseeing by Private A/C Deluxe Car including fuel, Toll Taxes, Road Taxes, Driver’s Allowance.
- All applicable Hotel Taxes & Service Taxes.
- Personal expense such as use of mini bar, mineral water, laundry, telephone etc. at the hotels. All such expenses will have to be paid directly.
- Meals that are not mentioned in the inclusions & Tips.
- Any Flights/India VISA/Medical Insurance.
- Extra cost due to strike, political problem, flight delay & cancel.
- Monuments Entrance Fees that has to be paid directly at time of arrival at Monuments.
- Any other thing that has not been mentioned in the "Cost Inclusions".