Shopping in North India
North India is known for its traditional handcrafts in its different regions practiced in the families of artists from generations. Kashmir is known for Paper-Mache, cane work, pottery, leather work, carpet weaving in pure wool and carving on walnut wood.
In Uttar Pradesh, Agra is famous for its Marble work including carving on delicate marble. Kanpur is famous for its handmade leather footwear. Silk saris from Varanasi enjoy world fame.
Rajasthan is known for its typical silver work. Jaipur, capital city of Rajasthan, is famous for cutting and polishing of precious stones. Rajasthan is also known for brightly coloured tie and dye cotton fabrics.
Jaipur is famous for Kundan ( setting precious stones in gold) and Udaipur for meena (enameled jewellery). Find the list of Shopping Places in Jaipur
In Old Delhi, there are old bazaars (roadside markets) established during Mughal Empire like Chandni Chowk, Dariba Kalan, Khari Baoli, Kinari Bazaar Meena Bazaar and Sadar Bazaar. Here is list of Top 10 Shopping Places In Delhi
Shops in each bazaar sell specialized wares and still serve as wholesale markets for North India.
In New Delhi, Connaught Place is market established during British period. There are market shopping centres in South Delhi too.
Find our popular tour packages of North India :
- 7 Days - North India Cultural Tour
- 13 Days - North India with Mumbai Tour
- 14 Days - Yoga North India Tour
- 15 Days - North India with Goa Tour (Beach)
- 15 Days - North India Wildlife Cultural Tour
- 15 Days - North India with Nepal Tour
- 15 Days - Historical Palaces and Havelis Tour
- 16 Days - North India with Taj Mahal and Ganges (Varanasi)
- 18 Days - Extensive North India Travel