10 Best Trekking Places in India – The Secret of the Hills
India which is famous for its varied topography and abundant hill ranges offers endless hiking trails from icy deserts to lush rain forests, high Himalayan peaks to rolling grassy fields which are already a hit among the people. So before you plan an adventurous holiday in India, let’s check out our list of 10 best trekking places in India and make your vacation more solidifying and special along with your loved ones.
1. Hampta Pass Trek, Himachal Pradesh - The Novice PleasureHampta pass trek is one of the simple and perfect treks for those who want to give their tired muscles a push and enjoy the adrenaline rush!!! The trek which starts from Hampta village in the Kullu valley and ends at Chatru in the Lahaul & Spiti valley passes through fascinating places such as Chika, Balu ka Ghera, Shea Goru crossing, Chatru and Chandratal. Offering the most spectacular views of snow-capped peaks, picturesque landscape and open green fields, this trek will enthrall every bit of you and give a fillip to your unbounded imaginations. Generally the trek completes in four to five days but mostly people added one more day to explore and camping at Chandratal. Best Season: May to October Difficulty Level: Moderate Max Altitude: 4400 m Duration in Days: 4 to 5 days
2. Valley of Flowers Trek, Uttarakhand - Journey to HeavenIt’s not wrong to say, trekking in India is partial, if you don’t trek on the Valley of Flowers. Valley of Flowers is an 11 kilometer valley trek which glow with one of the most beautiful of all Himalayan flowers, the blue Primula (blossom only during monsoon season). So without a do, treat ourselves a wonderful experience of Valley of Flowers trekking and astounded with around 300 types of local mountain top flowers and a rich range of flora.
Best Season: July to Mid-September Difficulty Level: Easy Max Altitude: 3900 m Duration in Days: 4 to 6 days
3. Roopkund Trek, Uttarakhand - Mystery LakeSituated at high altitude and encircled by mountain from both side, Roopkund Lake trek is the dream trek for every enthusiastic trekker. Offering the endless beauty of nature and gigantic Nanda Devi and Nanda Ghunti breath-taking views, this striking lake trek will surprise you with the human skeletons (visible when the snow melts). Puzzling, why are human skeletons there? So without ado, make your way to Roopkund Trek and puzzled out buddy. Best Season: May to October Difficulty Level: Moderate
Max Altitude: 5030 m Duration in Days: 7 to 9 days
4. Markha Valley Trek, Ladakh - An Essence of LadakhWithout doubt, you can say that Markha Valley trek is one of the most distinct and beautiful trek in Ladakh region. During the Markha Valley trek you won’t cross two very high passes, Gandala La (4800 m) & Kongmaru La (5150 m) but trekking on varied terrain from surprising thin valleys to barren landscape of Ladakh is truly enthralling. Not only this, the thing that makes it even more special is the unique Buddhist culture and other delights like beautiful Zanskar range, Hemis National Park and famous peaks such as the Kang Yatse and Stok Kangri.
Best Season: June to October Difficulty Level: Moderate to Challenging Max Altitude: 5150 m Duration in Days: 9 to 12 days
Suggested Tour : 10 Days - Best of Ladakh Tour
5. Chadar Trek, Ladakh - The Icy River TrekIf you are a strong-hearted and adventure-seekers, then Chadar trek is for you. The Chadar trek (also known as Zanskar Trek) which start from Chilling and continue till Ling shed will offer you not only a great opportunity to walk on the frozen Zanskar River but here you will get a chance to learn about Buddhist heritage and religious richness. So might be the climate and trail lose your confidence, but when you will cross this trail it will be sure the most wonderful experience of your life.
Best Season: January to February Difficulty Level: Difficult Max Altitude: 3890 m Duration in Days: 9 to 12 days
Also Read : 5 Compelling Reasons to Visit Ladakh
6. Stok Kangri Trek, Ladakh - 20,000 Foot PeakStok Kangri trek is the only trek in Ladakh which takes you above 6000 m without earlier mountaineering experience. The whole trek which is mixed with many hills offers you not only the complete view of Zanskar and the Indus Valley but here you can experience the sudden change in surrounding and whole tranquility at all. And yeah, also during the Stok Kangri trekking, don’t forget to make your way to Hemis National Park which is famous for the threatened snow leopard.
Best Season: June to October Difficulty Level: Moderate to Challenging Max Altitude: 6153 m Duration in Days: 9 to 12 days
Also Read : Why Ladakh is Called Roof of the World
7. Goecha La Trek, Sikkim - Astounding View of KanchenjungaGoecha La Trek in Sikkim which enthrall worldwide trekkers for the great view of Kanchenjunga National Park has so many reason that excites you to trek here: Its hilly trails, boundless beauty of nature and more of Sikkim. The land of serene beauty; all will not offer you infinite fun-frolic but after this expedition a new love and appreciation for nature has developed in your mind.
Best Season: June to October Difficulty Level: Moderate Max Altitude: 4950 m Duration in Days: 10 to 15 days
8. Dayara Dodital Trek, Uttarakhand - Flora and Fauna ParadiseDayara Dodital trek is a perfect place for the naturalist and unusual trek lovers. The trek which starts from the Barnala near Uttarkashi and ends at Hanuman Chatti after crossing the Darwa pass offers you a great chance to enjoy the rich flora and fauna of the Himalayan region. Here you won’t witness birds like Monal, Koklas, Whistling Thrush, Babbler, Wagtail etc. but the view on the trail is really captivating!!!! Best Season: June to October Difficulty Level: Easy Max Altitude: 3890 m Duration in Days: 7 to 8 days
9. Pindari Glacier Trek, UttarakhandLocated in the amazing Kumaon Himalayas, Pindari Glacier is one such trek that will not take you through the wonderful landscapes, snow-capped mountains and remote villages of the Kumaon region, but the good part is that it doesn't check your patience at every level as its easy most of the times. So spending thousands of calories is well worth it!!!
Best Season: May to October Difficulty Level: Easy Max Altitude: 3990 m Duration in Days: 9 to 12 days
Also Read : 10 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Uttarakhand
10. Kuari Pass Trek, Uttarakhand - History Returned TrekKuari Pass trek which is also known as “The Lord Curzon Trail” is a very different and picturesque trek. Truly this trek is a fusion of each and every elements of adventure. From hilly up and down to thin and rocky paths. And not only this, the main lucrative feature of the trail is magnificent view of the eastern peaks of Garhwal Himalayas, twin peaks of Nanda Devi, Kamet, Dronagiri, Trishul, Bertholi, Hathi Ghodi Parvat, Mana and Neelkanth peaks. So go and explore the Himalaya and more. If you are interested to do trekking in winter then you can opt a short version of the Kuari Pass trek.
Best Season: May to October Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate Max Altitude: 4500 m Duration in Days: 9 to 12 days
Popular Trekking Tour Packages :
- 5 Days - Leh Ladakh Trekking Tour
- Lamayuru Padum Darcha Trek 14 Days
- 15 Days - Ladakh Lamayuru Trekking Tour
Tour Packages of India by Duration:Click Here
Tour Packages by Themes : Click Here
Top 10 India Tour Packages : Click Here