Himachal Pradesh has some of the most beautiful hill stations and places to visit in India. The majestic hills that provide a mesmerizing view, a nice weather and some of the most famous places to visit. There is many reason to choose Himachal Pradesh as a tourism destination as it has some amazing rivers, romantic hill stations, great trekking routes and so much more.
Some of the common questions that remain are the fact when is the best time to visit a Himachal Pradesh and what are the best places to visit and where to stay in Himachal Pradesh? These questions often keep anyone from visiting but not anymore.
Himachal Pradesh has three major climate seasons that are summer, winter and monsoon as any other state in India. Since the monsoon arrives here later than South India, the summer can be enjoyed for a longer time and during the month of June when its summer vacation for the children.
- Temperature and duration: Summer is one of the longest season and transitions from the winter during Mid-March and continues till the Monsoon arrive in July or early August. The temperature ranges from 15 ˚Celsius to 38 ˚Celsius depending upon the region and time.
- Places to Visit: During the summertime some of the most prominent and famous places can be visited specially during the early morning and late evening as the temperature is very favorable to explore. Some of the famous places to visit are Kullu Manali, Shimla, Dharmshala, Kasauli, Kasol, Mashobra and many more.
- Activities to do: During this time most of the activities Himachal Pradesh is famous for can be performed. The summer activities include the trekking in some of the famous hill stations, river rafting, canoeing, kayaking, visiting holy temples, air adventures like para gliding and mountain climbing. These activities can be performed in different parts of Himachal Pradesh and are the major reasons to be visited.
- The landscapes: There are some of the most mesmerizing sceneries and valleys of the Himachal Pradesh which can be enjoyed by the newlyweds and hence it is one of the most popular tourism destination for Honeymooners. Some of the landscapes can be enjoyed the best by the tourists are the Dharmshala, Kasuali and Shimla. The accommodation during this time can be expensive but is worth the money.
- Temperature and duration: Monsoon visit the state of Himachal Pradesh during the time of Mid-July to September. This is the time when temperature starts dropping and is fairly low and drops to 10 ˚C to 30 ˚C depending from place to place.
- Places to visit: This season makes landslides more common and prominent and hence the places to be visited generally becomes limited. Only few hill stations like Shimla and Manali can be visited as they experience less danger.
- Activities to do: There are very few activities that can be done specially with rain pelting down many of the adventure activities are shit down during this time. However, there are few places like the hill station which can be enjoyed watching the excellent rain showers through the mountains and refreshing breeze can be enjoyed.
- The Greenery: During this time the greenery of the Hills and the mountain roads are the best to be enjoyed. These provide a pleasant breeze and some of the most astonishing sights that can be cherished for the rest of the lives.
- Temperature and Duration: The winter gradually falls as the days start becoming shorter and shorter in duration. The temperature in winters fall to 0 ˚C and below to 15 ˚C in certain places and lasts from October to late February and Mid-March.
- Places to visit: Because of the snow and the new activities that can be done a huge number of travelers come to visit. The places to visit in winters are Manali, Kufri, Keylong, Rohtang Pass and many more. These places offer some of the best hotels and sites to visit and explore in the snow.
- Activities to do: During the winter season and in late November to January there is snow laden hills and mountains. This allows all the travelers to indulge in activities like skiing, ice-skating, celebrate festivals like ice skating carnivals, Lohri, winter carnival and much more.
- Snow laden mountains: The snow laden mountains are the some of the best places visit Himachal Pradesh in Winters like the Kasauli Hills, Shimla, Manali, Kunzum pass, Bhrigu lake and many more places. It is one of the best times to visit such a place which feels like heaven.
The best time to visit Himachal Pradesh can be divided into parts depending upon the fact whether one loves snow or not? For those who love snow then during the winters in Late December and early January to late February is best time whereas for those who love adventure and are not a huge fan of snow might love to visit Himachal during the summers in between April to June end during their vacations as they provide the best summer time.