May Weather in India - All India's Region Climate Changes
With respect to the destination and altitude, summer can be either pleasing or extremely scorching. It is better to stick with the northern part of the country, beach destinations and hill stations for a better summer vacation in India. May weather of all months, has the highest recorded temperature in most of the states of the country.
The central and inland regions will be very hot and humid. Reaching above 40 degree C is very common during daytime. The coastal regions will be very humid but the water activities will keep you cool. The northern high altitude destinations like Ladakh, Auli, Dalhousie and others will be at prime beauty during this month. Many routes to isolated hill stations of Himalayan regions will be open and less dangerous during May.
Are you looking for Himalayan vacation? Choose from our top suggestions like
Does Ayurveda and Yoga look like your choice of a vacation? Read Top North India Ayurveda Resorts to get your trip started. The best place to enjoy a relaxing vacation is North East India. You can enjoy natural and wildlife attractions in this region during this month. Are you looking for more destinations to cover in May? Read our official blog article, 20 Best Places to visit in India in May .
Average High Temperature
95 degree F/ 35 degree C
Average Low Temperature
84.2 degree F/ 29 degree C
Thin cotton clothing; covers like cap, umbrella and others
Effect on Tourism
Not a tourism season
Covering Each Zone of India Weather Climate in May
Now we are going to explore about all destinations, weather conditions,festivals, Fairs and more to know in India in May.
North India Weather Climate in May & Places To Visit
Best tourist destinations: Himachal, Sikkim, Uttarakhand( Places to visit in Uttarakahnd) and others.
Average temperature: Maximum average temperature is experienced in Agra of Uttar Pradesh (107 – 80 degree F/ 42 - 26 degree C) and the minimum average temperature is experienced by Shimla of Himachal Pradesh (73 – 58 degree F/ 23 - 14 degree C).
Also Know About - Weather in India in April
Average precipitation: Highest average precipitation takes place in Mukteshwar of Uttarakhand (2.8 inches) and the lowest precipitation occurs in Indore of Madhya Pradesh (Top Tourists Attaraction of Madhya pradesh) (0.4 inches).
It is better to stick with Himalayan destinations during this month. The snow will be melting during this month, allowing many waterfalls to be lush for water activities. Visit scenic spots for honeymoon vacations. This is the right time to enjoy the hill stations and quaint villages of the Himalayas. Visit Kashmir without fail as it is the cherry blossom season. Are you looking for itineraries to enjoy honeymoon styled vacations? Choose our themed packages for Honeymoon in May like -
South India Weather Climate In May & Places To Visit
Average temperature: The maximum average temperature is experienced by Hyderabad of Andhra Pradesh (103 - 80 degree F / 39 - 27 degree C) and the minimum average temperature is enjoyed by Port Blair of Andaman and Nicobar Island (88-74 degree F/ 31 – 23 degree C).
Also Read- March Weather in India
If you find a destination with plantation, do not miss it. It is better to avoid island destinations like Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep as the rainfall would be heavy leading to ban of many water activities. The coastal regions are all good for water activities. It is better to avoid daytime sightseeing in these regions.
Covering plantations is much easier with our exclusive South India tour packages like .
- 12 days – South India honeymoon tour
- 10 days – Hills and backwaters of Kerala tour
- 12 days – Mumbai, Karnataka and Kerala
- 20 days – India Tour packages
For more tourist vacations to cover in May, Read Top Tourists Places to visit in South India in Summer .
West India Weather Climate In May & Places To Visit
Best tourist destinations: Goa, Gokarna, Mahabaleshwar and others
Average temperature: The maximum average temperature is experienced by Nagpur of Maharashtra (108 – 82 degree F / 42-28 degree C). The minimum average temperature is enjoyed by Panaji of Goa (92 - 80 degree F/ 33 -27 degree C)
Also Read - February Weather in India
Average precipitation: Highest rainfall takes place in Panaji of Goa (2.2 inches) and the lowest rainfall takes place in Vadodara of Gujarat (0.2 inches). However, many other destinations like Mumbai, Nashik and Rajkot do not receive any rainfall during this month.
May brings a lot of sunshine and humidity. This is the reason why people prefer coastal regions than the inlands. It is off season in western India and thus, it is the best time to get better offers. May is the best time to enjoy waterfalls and other water activities, exploring rain forests and other natural activities.
We will help you link your holiday to beaches as much as possible with our top-choice tour packages like
- 6 Days - Kerala Beach Holidays India
- 9 days – Goa beach and Golden Triangle
- 5 days – Goa beach holidays
- 10 days – India beach holiday package
Visit Mahabaleshwar Through Deccan Odyssey Luxury Train.
- 8 Days – Indian Sojourn (Deccan Odyssey)
- 8 Days – Maharashtra Splendor (Deccan Odyssey)
- 8 Days – Maharashtra Wild Trail (Deccan Odyssey)
East India Weather Condition In May & Places To Visit
Best tourist destinations: Mon, Sikkim, Tawang, Shillong and others.
Average temperature: Maximum temperature is experienced by Raipur of Chhattisgarh (107 - 82 degree F/ 42 – 28 degree C) and the minimum temperature is experienced by Cherrapunji of Meghalaya (72 – 61 degree F/ 22-16 degree C).
Also Know About - January Weather in India
Average precipitation: The highest rainfall takes place in Cherrapunji of Meghalaya (47.8 inches) and the lowest rainfall takes place in Raipur of Chhattisgarh (0.9 inches)
It is always raining here. This makes the place more beautiful for sightseeing and romantic vacations. The slippery ground makes it very dangerous for extreme adventure activities. If you are visiting India in May, it is better to stick with the East India
Tips for Traveling During May
- This is the best time to spot tigers and other large predators in wildlife sanctuaries. Spotting birds is quite easier by sunrise or sunset.
- Many orchards and plantations will be at harvest time. Enjoy visiting the farms to explore the beauty, take part in harvesting and even settle for a lunch amidst the farm with local produce. Best of all is pear farm visits of Kausani or plantation visits at any hill station.
- This is the best time to enjoy many adventure activities in North Eastern part of the country. After May, the precipitation can be greater and can lead to ban in many routes. Are you looking to travel Northeast India? Just an Indian visa isn’t enough. You need to get special permits to cover unique hidden gems of this region. (Source).
- The coolest place of India in May is Dras of Kargil. If you are looking for chill places, even in May, this is the right place to visit.
Do you want to enjoy some unique wildlife attractions ? Choose our wildlife packages like which are mostly preferred by Tourists from Below
If you want to enjoy India in a unique manner, Read– Unique Ways and Interesting Places to Spend your Summer Vacation in India for interesting ideas & Places and make your holidays memorable with us.
Know Here About Some Famous Festivals & Fairs of May
- International Flower Festival – Gangtok - The entire month is celebrated as flower festival in Gangtok. You can spot many species like roses, alpine species, climbers, creepers, ferns, gladioli, orchards and much more. You can also try many delicacies made with local produce.
- Summer Festival – Mount Abu – This festival is celebrated right on the day of Buddha Purnima. This festival is celebrated with folk performances, skating races, local games, band shows, horse race and much more.
- Buddha Poornima – Sarnath – Although celebrated throughout the country, it is best to enjoy this festival in Sarnath with many interesting cultural performances, rituals and much more.
Take part in the public procession to enjoy the local culture. Know More About -Best Tousits Places to visit in Varanasi
- Summer festival of Ooty – The hill station’s botanical garden and forests will be lush with colorful and fragrant wild flowers. You can find an exclusive flower show to enjoy the end of summer with showcase of flowers, vegetable carvings, dog shows, spice shows, rose festival, boat pageantry, boat race, flower rangoli and much more.
- Ganga Dusshera – Varanasi, Rishikesh and Haridwar – Although the banks of the river, you can find this religious celebration covering numerous rituals and special activities.
- Moatsu Festival – Mokokchung district of Nagaland – this festival is celebrated by the tribes with traditional dances, music festivals, forecasting by oracles, rice beer, festival feasts and much more.
- Chithirai Festival – Madurai – This is a divine marriage festival, which is conducted to celebrate the myth of Lord Vishnu riding on a golden horse to witness the marriage of Goddess Meenakshi her consert Lord Sundareshaperumal. A chariot is decorated and is taken on a procession with spiritual rituals, music and dance to approach the Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple to enjoy the divine marriage.
Now You can Plan a Trip with Travelogy India in May - Click on below given Link Or Click Here Create My Trip