November Weather in India
India is a traveller’s delight. It is filled with beautiful places in every corner. There are palaces, deserts, hills, beaches and forests. You can get a beautiful landscape wherever you go. You can even experience the rural part of the country. It is filled with picturesque villages where you can learn about the handicrafts and its techniques. The best time to travel in India starts from October and stays up till February. The rest of the months are quite hot.
Hence, November is a great time to explore the majestic palaces of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. It is also a good time to check the monuments in Delhi and Agra. Apart from that, you can visit the Gir forest in Gujarat or the Jim Corbett national park in Nainital.
Get Detailed Information About November Weather in India
The month of November actually marks the tourist season in India. The temperature begins to drop and the monsoon season is over in the whole country. The climate is very comfortable and you can participate in various fairs and festivals as well.
Also, the weather is pleasant and thus, it is possible to explore different places in the country on foot. The average temperature is around 23 degrees Celsius. However, since the weather is so good, it also means that there is a lot of crowd around the major tourist attractions. If you are planning to travel during this time, we recommend you book your travel tickets and accommodation in advance.
You can still travel to the northern part of the country in early November. It is cold and chilly but, bearable. Snowfall does not start until mid-November. Hence, if you want to see snow then you have to travel in the latter part.
Leh is cold in November. The temperature goes down up till 8 degrees Celsius. Delhi starts to become chilly but, if you want to explore the local markets and forts, then it is the best time. Agra is still a little warm during the day and cold by night. The day temperature is around 30 degrees Celsius. On the other hand, Jaipur has a great weather. It is pleasant during the day and chilly by night.
Mumbai is pleasant with 33 degrees Celsius. On some days the temperature also drops to 22 degree Celsius in November. Kochi also experiences the same kind of temperature like Mumbai.
The central India is pleasant. Also, the southern part starts to get better. You can plan a trip there too. It is not chilly but it is also not hot. It is warm and nice to explore a particular place.
Also Read : Best Places to Visit in November in India
India Tour Packages by Duration
Temperature in India
|Average High Temperature||25.5 degrees Celsius|
|Average Low Temperature||15 degrees Celsius|
|Day Time Clothing||Full sleeve tops and jeans|
|Night time clothing||Thin jackets and sweaters|
|Effect on tourism||Peak tourism season|
Covering each Zone of India Temperature in November
1. North India Temperature in November
The Northern Part of India is warm during the day. Although, the temperatures drop in the evening. If you are checking based on states, then the temperature in Rajasthan will drop slowly throughout the month of November. In the beginning of the month the temperature is actually 35 degrees Celsius. However, in the evening it goes down to a whopping 10 degrees Celsius. This contrast in temperature is observed because of the desert.
The same kind of temperature difference is seen in places like Varanasi, Agra, Khajuraho, Delhi and Orchha. All the national parks in the northern region re-open in October after the monsoon. Thus, they are very crowded in November. If you are planning to visit a jungle safari, then try to book it in advance to avoid rush.
North India Travel Guide
- About North India
- History of North India
- Weather in North India
- Best Time to Visit North India
- Culture of North India
- How to Reach North India
- Things to do in North India
- Cuisines of North India
- Shopping in North India
Popular North India Tours
2. South India Temperature in November
The South India monsoon actually hits the east coast of India during mid-October to mid-December. It rains a lot in Tamil nadu. The majority of the rain targets in places which have beaches. It includes Chennai, Pondicherry, Mahabalipuram, Ooty and Chettinad.
Kerala also get affected a little bit. However, it is a good idea to travel to Kerala in November as it is not affected so much. However, if you want to travel down south and enjoy a beach holiday then, Goa is the best place. All the beaches re-open as they are shut because of the monsoon. Also, a lot of parties and concerts start happening in Goa from November.
South India Travel Guide
- What to Buy in South India
- Heritage Sites of South India
- Festivals of South India
- Wildlife Safaris in South India
- Honeymoon Places in South India
- Places to Visit in South India
- Beaches of South India
Popular South India Tours
3. Western India Temperature in November
November is a great month to visit the western part of India. Gujarat is a cultural state and the days are pleasant here. It is possible to explore the forts and UNESCO World heritage sites here. The days are a little warm while the nights are cold.
4. Eastern India Temperature in November
The best time to visit Kolkata starts from November. Apart from that, the other months are quite hot. The days are dry and it is the perfect weather for sightseeing. If you want to visit Darjeeling or one of the seven sisters, then November is a great time.
The whole weather is perfect for hiking and adventure activities. It does not start to snow as well. Hence, it is a good idea to visit the eastern part of India in November.
Also Read :
- Best Places to Visit in North East India
- Seven Sisters of India – Complete Information About North East India States
Suggested Tour :
- 5 Days – Darjeeling Tour Packages
- 4 Days – Gangtok Tour Packages
- 7 Days – Darjeeling Gangtok Tour Packages
- 8 Days – Darjeeling Kalimpong Gangtok Tour Packages
Weather in India by Months
Tips for Travelling during November
- North India, Rajasthan and Goa are peak travel destinations in November. Thus, pre-book your amenities to avoid rush.
- All the popular tourist destinations will be crowded. Thus, be prepared for that. Try visiting them early in the morning as you will find lesser people at that time of the day.
- Always wear something underneath your jackets and sweaters. The sun can come anytime and make you feel warm.
- November is almost a transit season from hot to chilly. Hence, you can be prone to infections and thus, you should carry your medical kit everywhere.
- Avoid travelling to some places in the south as they experience rainfall and storms.
India Tour Packages by Destinations for November
Festivals and Fairs of November in India
- Rann Utsav Kutch – It is a desert carnival which takes place in Kutch in Gujarat. It starts from October end and stays up till February. The booking open 3 months in advance and thus, you might want to book then.
- Chhat Puja – This is an important festival and is celebrated in places like Bihar, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and others. People gather near the river during sunset and worship the sun god. It usually takes place in November every year.
- Pushkar Camel Fair – It is a traditional camel fair that takes place in Pushkar, Rajasthan. Camel beauty contest, camel race and camel trading is conducted in this fair.
- Ka Pomblang Nongkrem, Shillong – The east India celebrations are usually very different from the rest of the country. This is a 5 day festival where different rituals are carried out. One of them is the goat sacrifice and sword dance. It is fun to witness the whole festival.
- Diwali –Diwali is one of the main festivals of India. It is the festival of lights and it usually falls between October and November every year. All the cities are lit and it is a treat to wander the streets at night.
- Hampi Festival – It is an annual celebration carried out in Hampi, Karnataka. It is also known as Vijaya Utsav. It is a fest which celebrates dance, drama, rituals, traditional music and fireworks. It is carried out in the first week of November.
Get Complete Guide : Famous Indian Festivals to Enjoy In November
Major Indian Fairs and Festivals
November is a great time to visit India. All the festivals and fairs are just starting out. However, you should book your accommodation in advance as India sees a lot of local as well as international tourists in many parts.
Best Places to Visit in India by Months
Frequently Asked Questions about November Weather in India
A. Yes, November is the best time to visit India as the weather remains warm, cool, sunny and dry.
A. November marks the best tourism season as rainy season ends and temperatures begin to cool.
A. India remains cool, warm, sunny and dry in november and the average temperature in November would be between 15.9°C and 25.5°C.
A. No, You will not find rain in North India but it varies on the regions.
A. Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh are the states where you can find the rainfall in the month of November.
A. Best Places to visit in India in November are Goa, Varanasi, Jaisalmer, Bharatpur, Amritsar, Mumbai, Tawang and more.
A. Kufri, Lachung, Tawang, Manali, Sikkim, Hemkund, Ladakh are the destinations where you can find snow in November in India.
The temperature of India in November is between 18 and 32 °C.
Goa, Mumbai, Mahabaleshwar, Ooty, Coorg, Alleppey, Munnar are the best places to visit in November in South India.
A. Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Varanasi, Bharatpur, Amritsar, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer etc. are the best places to visit in North India in November.
A. Rann Utsav, Chhat Puja, Pushkar Camel Fair, Hampi Festival, Wangala Festival, Bundi Festival etc. are the famous Festivals to celebrated in November. Get the complete details here.