The Do’s and Dont's in Lakshadweep
Before planning your vacation in Lakshadweep, you should know the do’s and don’ts properly in-order to avoid doing any offence though not intentionally. We are therefore, sharing the information to make you aware of the things.
Below mentioned are some of the things to be followed during your trip to the islands of Lakshadweep :
- Before you are set for the tour, get your reservation confirmed.
- If you are habituated of using some special/favorite brand of cosmetics or toiletries and medicines and whatever necessary because you will find only ordinary and usual things on the secluded islands of Lakshadweep.
- In case of trouble, consult with the sports representative and avail his services, on board.
Here is a list of things that you should not do being in the islands of Lakshadweep, which might be considered as punishable offence.
- Do not pollute the environment or the water and do not even litter the land.
- Avoid punishable offence like picking up of corals to carry back home as souvenirs.
- Except Bangaram all other islands banned drinking of alcohol and intoxicants on the islands. So it is recommended not to drink alcohol in the islands.
- Be aware! Carrying of drugs and narcotics is a punishable offence.
- Swimming or sunbathing bare is prohibited.
- Crossing the boundary of island lagoon is risky! Do not do such activity without consulting your sports authorities or escort.
- Plucking of tender coconuts by your own is considered unauthorized, as the coconut palms are privately owned. A fall from the tree can be proved to be risky too.