How To Book Tickets In Deccan Odyssey Luxury Train
Everyone dreams of making a journey in the classic luxury trains of India. Are you planning one with Deccan Odyssey? Apart from the official site of the train, there are a number of agents who help you with the booking progress. How to proceed with the booking? Here is everything you will ever need to know about How to Book Deccan Odyssey Train Tickets.
Also Read : List of Luxury Trains in the World
There are various factors that determine the cost of the ticket. The main factor is the season or the month of your travel. Deccan Odyssey runs from September to April, every year. The months of September and April are considered to be lean season and the months of December and January are considered peak seasons. The demand for the tickets and the cost of the tickets might be higher during peak season and lower during lean season. The cost of the ticket varies from time to time. Visit the information page to learn about the current tariff charges of each itinerary.
Check about : Departure Dates and Availability of Deccan Odyssey Train
Types Of Accommodations
There are two types of accommodations with varying luxury levels. The most luxurious cabin of the entire train is the presidential suite, which can accommodate four people. The second most luxurious one is the deluxe cabin, which can accommodate two people. The deluxe cabin can be rented with a queen bed or two single beds. The cost of your ticket would vary with the type of accommodation of your choose.
Read More : About Deccan Odyssey Train Facilities
Step By Step Process For Booking Tickets
Step 1: Visit Booking Page
Read More : Departure Dates of Deccan Odyssey Train (2019, 2020 & 2021)
Step 2: Select Journey
The first section of the booking page is the journey and date. There are six unique itineraries provided by the train. The names of the itineraries will be displayed and you should choose the one of your choice. If you move your mouse over the name, the route of the itinerary will be shown. The time span of each itinerary is shown on the left corner of each itinerary’s name.
Things to know before booking Deccan Odyssey:
- Deccan Odyssey Train Schedule (2020 - 2021)
- Deccan Odyssey Fare (2020 - 2021)
- Deccan Odyssey General Information
- Deccan Odyssey History
- Deccan Odyssey Facilities
- Deccan Odyssey Photo Gallery
Step 3: Choose the Journey Date
The next step is to choose the travel date. You will be given the list of dates of the itinerary for at least one whole year from today. The dates displayed are the departure dates of the train. Then, click on the blue ‘Next’ button.
Also Read : Who Made The First Train In The World?
Step 4: Select Number of Travelers
This section requires details about the number of travelers. There will be three fields to enter. The number of adults should be entered in the first field, number of children between 5 and 12 years should be entered in the second field and the last field is for the number of children under the age of 5. Once you click on any of the fields, a drop down menu will be seen and you need to choose the number. Once you have chosen, click on the blue ‘Next’ button.
Also Read : 15 Most Expensive Trains in the World
Step 5: Fill your Details
You will be able to see your previous steps above and an ‘edit’ button next to it. If you wish to re-type any of the information, click on the ‘edit’ button. If not, you can move to the final step of booking form. This section asks for your personal details like name, country and contact information. Any specific requirements for your travel like diet requirements, other language guides and others should be mentioned in the specifications field. Once you have entered all the details, click the blue submit button.
Also Read : What to Know About Travelling by Train in India?
Step 6: Completion of your Query
You will be transferred to a ‘Thank You’ page. This is an acknowledgement that your booking request has been received. This does not mean that your tickets are booked. This page also holds the contact details of Travelogy India representative.
Step 7: Connect with Travel Expert
The representative from Travelogy India will call you and start the booking process.
Current Fare of Deccan Odyssey Train in USD and INR
Do you know that the price of the ticket varies from year to year? You can get the detailed price list for tickets up to 2021 in this site. The Indian travelers are requested by RBI to pay only in INR. Thus, there are separate details for INR payments and USD payments in the below link.
Know More : Deccan Odyssey Fare in USD & INR (2019 – 2020 & 2020 – 21)
Itineraries of Deccan Odyssey
As mentioned before, there are six itineraries in the train. The train runs these itineraries one by one. Thus, not all itineraries will be available during a given week or month. This is why, it is better to pre-book your tickets as early as possible.
1. 7 Nights 8 Days Maharashtra Splendor (Starts and ends in Mumbai)
2. 7 Nights 8 Days Indian Odyssey ( Starts in New Delhi and ends in Mumbai )
3. 7 Nights 8 Days Jewels of Deccan ( Starts and ends in Mumbai )
Destinations Covered - Mumbai - Bijapur - Aihole and Pattadakal - Hampi - Hyderabad - Ellora Caves - Ajanta Caves - Mumbai
4. 7 Nights 8 Days Maharashtra Wild Trails ( Starts and ends in Mumbai )
Destinations Covered - Mumbai - Ellora Caves - Aurangabad - Pench - Tadoba - Ajanta - Nashik - Mumbai
5. 7 Nights 8 Days Hidden Treasures of Gujarat ( Starts and ends in Mumbai )
Destinations Covered - Mumbai - Vadodara - Palitana - Sasan Gir - Somnath - Little Rann of Kutch - Modhera - Patan - Nashik - Mumbai
6. 7 Nights 8 Days Indian Sojourn ( Starts in Mumbai and ends in New Delhi )
Also Read :
- How to Book Maharaja Express Train Tickets
- How to Book Palace on Wheels Train
- How to Book Golden Chariot Train 2020 – 2021
Inclusions and Exclusions of Tariff
The cost you pay for the ticket will cover most of the expenses of your vacation, but not all. Here is everything that is included and excluded from the tariff.
The cost of the ticket covers
- Accommodation charges in the train
- All the meals provided by the tour management
- Soft beverages throughout the travel, inside the train
- Valet services
- Camera charges at the monuments during sightseeing
- Entry fee for all the monuments and destinations covered in the itinerary
- Fee of English speaking guide
- Travel cost during the tour
The cost of the ticket does not include
- Any purchases you make during the trip in any shops or restaurants
- Any souvenirs or shopping expenses
- Taxes on the ticket cost
- Laundry charges
- Alcoholic beverages
- Professional camera or video camera charges at the monument
- Cost of travel or accommodation before or after the tour
- Optional tours
Terms and Conditions Of Ticket Booking
Most of the people decide that they do not have the time for reading a long list of terms and conditions. It is true that the information is quite long, but they are very crucial. Do you know when you can cancel your tickets? Do you have to pay for a child who is five years old? These questions and much more are answered in the terms and conditions page.
Complete Information : About Deccan Odyssey Terms and Conditions
Some of the top terms and conditions to know are
- Cost of the tickets varies from time to time and once you have booked your tickets, the cost of your ticket would remain the same.
- Children below the age of 5 are not charged but, they will not be provided additional beds.
- Children will be made to stay in separate cabins unless you have booked the presidential suite
- If one child between 5-12 years is travelling with an adult, 25% of the travel cost will be charged. For second child, 50% of the adult ticket will be imposed.
- 20% of the total cost should be paid to book the ticket. The remaining amount has to be paid at least 60 days in prior to the departure date or, your ticket will be considered cancelled and no refund would be made.
To know about Complete Terms and Conditions of Deccan Odyssey : Click Here
Remember to choose high reputation site to book your tickets. Do not buy tickets from other individuals. The name on the ticket should match the name in the ID proof you provide during boarding. Thus, always book tickets for reputed agents.
Also Read :