How to Book Maharaja Express Train Tickets
Unlike most of the train bookings in India, the luxury train booking cannot be done in government sites. You need to either choose the official site of the train or visit any GSA, like Travelogy India. It is very important not to fall for any gimmick or fake discount offers in any site you find in internet.
Here is the complete step-by-step process and tips you would require for booking tickets in Maharajas’ Express.
The main element of pricing is that, it is dynamic. The Maharajas’ Express team gets to change the price of the tickets based on many factors, most of them pointing to the demand. Always check the price in the official page for confirmation. Once you have booked your tickets, the price is stable for you. The peak season is during the Christmas and New Year’s Eve. An additional charge of USD 500 will be charged per head.
Know about : History of Maharajas’ Express Train
Types Of Accommodations
The cost of the trip can be effectively reduced or increased by your choice of accommodation. The cheapest is the Deluxe Cabin. The term ‘cheap’ is just a comparative factor. You would still be staying in one of the most luxurious train cabins of the world. Beyond Deluxe Cabins, there are Junior Suites, Suites and the Presidential Suite.
Know about : Maharajas’ Express Facilities
Step By Step Process For Booking Tickets
Visit the Maharajas’ Express page and click on the booking page. You will be directed to the page as shown down. Your next step is to fill the form. Do not worry about your privacy. The page is well secured and your information will not be shared with any third party.
Read More : Departure Dates of Maharajas Express (2019, 2020 & 2021)
Click on any of the itinerary you find in the blue column. Once you move your mouse pointer to the itinerary name, the route covered by the itinerary is displayed closer to it. Click on the itinerary you choose to enjoy. You can always change your input any time before you click submit. So, feel free to click on multiple options and choose the option you prefer.
Click on any of the available dates for the selected itinerary. Based on the itinerary you chose, the list of available dates of journey would differ. If you do not find a suitable date, you can change your itinerary input and look out for preferable dates. This is the starting date of your journey or, the first day of your train travel. The selected date will be highlighted in red and will have a green tick mark on it.
The next step is to choose the number of people accompanying you. This will help the program to assign the right number of cabins. Two people with a child less than five years of age can accompany in one cabin/suite. In case of Presidential Suite, four people can be accommodated. Click on the blue ‘next’ button to go to next page. If you choose to change the itinerary or date of journey, click on the red ‘back’ button.
Next comes the personal details. These details will help the representative to get in touch with you about the final step of booking and give you the link for final payment. In the requirement field, you can type any specific requirements you need during your trip.
Also Read :
- Top 4 Reasons To Choose Indian Panorama Journey of Maharajas’ Express
- 10 World Heritage Sites to Visit with Maharajas Express
Upon clicking the submit button, you will be directed to a confirmation page as below. This does not mean that your ticket is confirmed. Representative will get in touch with you via mail ID or telephone.
Also Read :
Wait for the representative to call and give you the right plan for your vacation or, you can call and get your booking started.
Current Price for Maharajas’ Express in USD ($ Tariff)
Know More : Maharajas’ Express Fare in USD & INR (2019 – 2020 & 2020 – 21)
Journeys of Maharaja Express Train :
- The Heritage of India (7 Days / 6 Nights) – Mumbai – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambore and Fatehpur Sikri – Agra – Delhi
- The Indian Splendour (7 Days / 6 Nights) – Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Bikaner – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Mumbai
- The Indian Panorama (7 Days / 6 Nights) – Delhi – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Fatehpur Sikri – Agra – Orchha and Khajuraho – Varanasi – Delhi
- Treasures of India (4 Days / 3 Nights) – Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur- Delhi
Inclusions And Exclusions Of Tariff
The tariff you pay includes:
- Accommodation in a double/twin bed cabin, which includes an en-suite bathroom.
- All meals including soft beverages, Indian brands of beer, spirits and wines in the train and in designated hotels.
- Butler service, complimentary beverages and water
- Road excursions in designated road transportation
- Entrance fee and camera fee at all monuments mentioned in the itinerary
- Service of an English speaking guide
- Porter at the train station
The tariff does not include :
- Any signature tours or optional tours provided in the itinerary
- Taxes and gratuities
- Telephone charges for calls made from phone in the cabin
- Laundry services
- International alcoholic beverages
- Professional camera or video camera charges
- Pre and post tour accommodation and transportation
Things to Know about Maharaja Express before booking :
- General Information of Maharaja Express
- Maharaja Express Route Map
- Maharaja Express Dining Cars
- Food Menu of Maharaja Express
- Restaurants of Maharaja Express
Important Terms And Conditions Of Booking
- The taxes are charged as per the government policies
- The tickets booked cannot be transferred to another person but, it can be cancelled with respective cancellation charges.
- 25% of the total ticket cost should be paid to book your ticket. The remaining has to be paid at least 75 days prior to the departure date.
- The documentation and briefing brochure about the journey would be mailed to you at least 14 days prior to the departure date.
If you have any doubts, always clarify it with the official site. Every discount and offer that you find in the official site is the guaranteed one.
Get Complete Guide : Terms and Conditions of Maharaja Express covering Booking Policy, Cancellations and Child Policy.
Also Read :