Famous For Nature Lovers, Photo Fanatics, Fun Lovers, Wanderers
Duration of Visit 2 to 3 hours
Fee No entry fee
Visiting Time All Days of the week 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Calangute Beach – one of the most popular beaches of Goa lies in Calangute town. It is also the biggest beach of North Goa. Visited by thousands of tourists from the world over especially in the months of November – December; its filled with sports activities, night life and tourist destinations.
Things to Do in Calangute Beach
- The best thing to do around is to indulge in water sport activities like jet skiing, catamaran sailing, banana rides, surfing, banana rides, bump rides, parasailing and paragliding. All these activities begin early with first sunlight and can be carried out till 4 p.m.. Except for rainy and windy days; these are generally carried out throughout the year.
- The second best thing here is to join Indian Yoga centers which teach how to keep body and mind fit. Daily base classes, weekly and monthly classes are the options one can choose from. But before attending these classes beware of touts or non – recognized centers.
- One can also go for Ayurvedic messages which replinish skin and help in rejuvenation of body and mind. These messages are also done to treat ailments like migraine and backaches n also some diseases. The effect of these differ from person to person.
- In winters around December SUNBURN FESTIVAL is celebrated on Candolim beach. for 3 days. This festival is filled with dance, music, shopping, food and other entertainment.
- Nightlife is one thing which almost every visitor to Candolim beach loves to do. One can go for places like Shiro Nightclub; Club LPK, Pharos and enjoy things like live music, cocktail, mocktail, karakoe or Over the Flames entertainment.
Shopping in Calangute Beach
If you like to shop for choicest things then for Karma Collection which has a good collection of textiles, ornaments, antiques, silk robes, designer bags and other accessories. It is also a good place for gifts and souvenirs. Looking for more then go for Saturday Night Market up hill in Arpora. Its best to take a cab if you do not like long walks. There is also Literati Book and Cafe Shop where you shop books as you sip coffee. This place is quite crowded in the evenings; so be a liitle early if you intend to just sit and talk.
How to Reach Calangute Beach
If you are reaching Calangute beach by Train then drop down at Thivim railway station and it takes around 20 minutes to reach the town of Calangute. Pre paid taxis or the ones arranged by your tour operators are good ones. Buses too operate on regular basis but you will be required to change 3 buses to reach calangute which can be cumbersome. Cabs generally take INR 1000/- for one direction.
Tips for Traveller in Calangute Beach
Beaches are quite crowded places especially in the evening. Calangute too is a crowded place do its best to keep less cash in hand. If you are going for water sports activities then even INR 5000/- should be good for a small family. Wherever possible use cash card or credit cards. Avoid total strangers who try to befriend you. They can be touts. Keep an eye on your children and don’t let them go out your eyesight. Do not hire taxis for small trips; instead rent a scooty or bike (two – wheelers) and roam around nearby beaches like Baga, Candolim and Anjuna. Eat at well – known eateries like Johnny’s and Cada de Goa if you are cleanliness freak. Otherwise local ones too are fairly good. To be on the safer side; always carry the number of your tour operator and call them whenever required.
Nearby Attractions in Calangute Beach
Candolim, Baga and Anjuna Beach
All three beaches are near to Calangute beach. One can see these beaches side - be – side. One can easily cover these beaches by bike especially if there are only few members or group of youngsters is there.
Aguada fort is nearby and can easily be reached by cab.
Kerkar Art Complex
A superb collection of Indian and foreign artists; its one of the best places for art lovers.