Famous For Nature Lovers, Fun Lovers, Adventure Seekers
Duration of Visit 2 hours
Fee No entry fee
Visiting Time All Days of the Week 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Cansaulim Beach is admired by tourists for its peaceful and scenic beauty. It’s also a great place for picnics for long stayers. Located between Bogmallo and Colva beaches, it is very close to Dabolim Airport as well as Margao making it a perfect for peace lovers.
Things to Do Cansaulim Beach
- Although the beach is quite peaceful yet there are number of activities one can carry out here. The water sports activities include windsurfing, catamarans, diving, fishing, parasailing, jet – skiing and wind-surfing.
- Relax here on sea – side early morning and evening to enjoy the beautiful scenic beauty. A lot of tourists stroll here with their cameras. Kids love to enjoy the beach for games, running and jumping, making sand castles, making small sculptures and sea water splashing. This beach is in fact considered the safest beach for family outings.
- If you wish to see the local life then venture into Heritage Village Club which gives a view of how the local life of Goan villagers is.
- It is less crowded, not a very popular beach still nature bestows some of the most beautiful scenes here. Endless, great place for walks and for swimming.
- Cansaulim Beach is one of the best places for celebrations like The Three King’s Fest; celebrated here in January.
- Visit the beautiful Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park filled with spice plantations, fauna and enjoy taking bath with Indian elephants.
- Enjoy some of the exotic Goan dishes at the good hotels and resorts of the beach.
Shopping in Cansaulim Beach
There are small shopping centers which are not really happening ones. Some good names include Mavany’s Emporium, Nagoa market and Queen Nagar Market. These sell artificial jewellery, fashion clothes, simple souvniers, local beer and take – aways. Nothing special can be found in these local markets. If you are looking for something exotic then Madgaon market which is not very far away from Canasulim is a better place to shop from.
How to Reach Cansaulim Beach
Canasulim itself does not have its own railway station. The nearest railway station is Madgaon which is 41 kms from canasulim. 5 trains reach the station including Rajdhani express, Trivndrm rajdhani, Kerla Skranti and Goa Sampark K Express. One can hire a cab to reach the beach. From Goa airport too one can hire a taxi.
Tips for Traveller in Cansaulim Beach
Although this beach is considered to be the safest beach for families; yet it is advised to keep an eye on your kids. Do not allow them to go far away from your eyesight. It is a good idea to eat at well known eateries for safety concerns as well as hygiene. However, if you eat from local eateries, take some idea from your guide or keep him along. Staying in already known ones or booked by your tour operator is another advised thing to do.
While going on Short Excursions to places like Church of St. Thomas in Cansaulim Village or the Three Kings Church located on the Hills of Remedios; always keep a hold on your kids. Avoid carrying too much cash. A small cash amount and a cedit card should be sufficient for such short trips. Avoid touts who keep on offering rides or cabs for lower prices. As a foreigners it is safer to take pre – paid taxis or bikes from known places. While being in the place do not forget to enjoy European cuisine as well as Goan cuisine which is a must. Cansaulim Beach has got some fantastic water sport excercise classes which one can join at reasonable prices.
Nearby Attractions in Cansaulim Beach
Cansaulim beach is near to Madgaon – the 2nd largest city in South Goa. It is a good place for homestays, countryside and Goan city life. On reach Madgaon, one can see the beautiful Shanta Durga Temple, Church of St Anne, Rachol Seminary, Cobo de Rama Fort, Big Foot Near Madgaon – all of which are beautiful and must see tourist destinations.
For those who love long walks, Utorda, Majorda, Colva beaches are very near to Cansaulim beach. One can hire a bike or a bicycle to take short trips to these beaches. Night life at all these beaches are very famous amongst tourists.