Famous For Nature Lovers, Fun Lovers, Adventure Seekers
Duration of Visit 2 to 3 hours
Fee No entry fee
Visiting Time All Days of the Week 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Lying just near to Calangute beach; Candolim too is a popular tourist destination especially for honeymooners. Although it looks same just like other beaches; still it stands apart with its less crowd, dune crests surrounded by Arabian sea. The uniqueness stands in the number of forgieners who visit this beautiful beach everyday.
Things to Do in Candolim Beach
In addition to the natural beauty of sea around which can be absorbed on any point of beautiful sunny day; there are number of activities one can indulge in
- The best thing to do around is to indulge in water sport activities like jet skiing, catamaran sailing, banana rides, surfing, banana rides, bump rides, parasailing and paragliding. All these activities begin early with first sunlight and can be carried out till 4 p.m.. Except for rainy and windy days; these are generally carried out throughout the year.
- The second best thing here is to join Indian Yoga centers which teach how to keep body and mind fit. Daily base classes, weekly and monthly classes are the options one can choose from. But before attending these classes beware of touts or non – recognized centers.
- One can also go for Ayurvedic messages which replinish skin and help in rejuvenation of body and mind. These messages are also done to treat ailments like migraine and backaches n also some diseases. The effect of these differ from person to person.
- In winters around December SUNBURN FESTIVAL is celebrated on Candolim beach. for 3 days. This festival is filled with dance, music, shopping, food and other entertainment.
- Nightlife is one thing which almost every visitor to Candolim beach loves to do. One can go for places like Shiro Nightclub; Club LPK, Pharos and enjoy things like live music, cocktail, mocktail, karakoe or Over the Flames entertainment.
Shopping in Candolim Beach
Shopping can be different experience in Candolim. Buy custom made clothes, artificial colourful stone and metal jewellery, highly crafted souverniers and designs on metal and wood. Designer bags, elegant gems and much more.. One can also get bollywood style clothes stitched here at the famous Hollywood Fashion Goa shoppie. One can also enjoy the Goan food at some of the best names including Tinas Restros n Bar; Bar Latino, Buena Mesaand the likes.
How to Reach Candolim Beach
One can reach Candolim by air. One reaching Dabolim airport, hire a cab to reach the beach which is just 46 kms away from the airport. If you go by train then you will have to reach Thivim Railway Station. From here take a cab to reach the beach which is around 2 kms away. There are direct buses from Panaji Bus Station. From Panaji is 12kms away from Candolim beach.
Tips for Traveller in Candolim Beach
While taking a cab from airport to your hotel is a good idea; hiring a taxi everytime is not a good one especially if you are a group of young people or just two. Instead rent a bike or four wheeler for yourself. This will be much cheaper. While going outside; do not carry too much cash. Inr 3000/- should be enough for a day if you do not intend to shop. Use debit or credit card wherever possible. Also wearig too much of real gold or diamond is not advisable; it attracts un-necessay attention as well as touts. Wearing too skimply clothes can be a bad idea even in this open – minded place – creepy eyes can follow you anywhere. Avoid people who get too friendly with you; it’s best to be with your own guide or tour operator. Also avoid local eateries which are not so clean. And 100 Number feeded in your Mobile while in India as its the TOLL FREE number for Police and 102 – the TOLL FREE number of Ambulance.
Nearby Attractions from Candolim Beach
Chapel of St. Lawrence
This beautiful Chapel lies on the shore of Agauda bay. Each year in the month of August there is a huge festival celebrated here in the Chapel. If possible be a part of it. Otherwise its a beautiful place which can be captured on camera.
Constructed by Portuguese in 1912; this fort is one of the biggest attractions. This fort is surrounded by Aguada Jail, church and a lighthouse. Its well know place of its natural beauty and history. Towards the North side of the fort one can see Calangute and candolim beaches.
It's a beautiful church with stained glasswork, ages old architectural design and paddies streached out to the Periline. Walk a few miles to reach the beautiful mansion called Placio Aguada.