Essential Guide on Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
Char Dham yatra is one of the most spiritually-important pilgrimage circuits of India among Hindus. This circuit is a physical-intensive task too. Out of the four dhams in this yatra, two have road access and the other two are accessible via trekking for several hours.
The most intensive route is the Kedarnath Temple, which demands 17 to 18 km of trekking. If you are looking for an easier way to cover Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath, you could choose the helicopter services.
What to Expect During the Helicopter Trip?
You will be covering the entire pilgrimage circuit via helicopter. Each dham has a helipad closer to it. Thus, you can gain easy access to the temples.
Moreover, the aerial route covers the beauties of the mountainous landscape allowing you to enjoy nature from the bird’s eye view.
Advantages of choosing helicopter to cover Char DhamYatra circuit
- You will be saving a considerable amount of time in covering all the four temples in the circuit. This is the best option for those who are in a short of time.
- Those who do not have the physical stamina to cover the four temples can choose to fly through the circuit. This is one of the most comfortable options for many.
- If you are looking for an adventurous time, this would give you a different perspective of the route.
There are numerous such service providers in the state (Uttarakhand). You can find both private and public service providers. Some service providers offer customized Ek Dham (one of the four temples), Do Dham (two temples), Teen Dham (three temples), and Char Dham (the entire circuit).
The most commonly opted Do Dham is the Kedarnath and Badrinath Temple Yatra. Top heli operators specialized in Char DhamYatra are
- Pawan Has
- Sar Aviation
- Pinnacle Air Pvt Ltd
- Himalayan Heli
- Aerodream Aviation
- Summit Aviation Pvt Ltd
Chardam Yatra heli tour itinerary
Most of the heli tours start from the Sahastradhara Helipad of Dehradun. The common itinerary provided by top heli tour operators is
1. Dham one:
Heli tour to Yamunotri - From Sahastradhara Helipad to Kharsali (via air) - Kharsali to Yamunotri Temple (pony, trekking), and back to Kharsali
2. Dham two:
Heli tour to Gangotri - From Kharsali to Harsil (via air) - Harsil to Gangotri (road transportation), and back to Kharsali.
3. Dham three:
Heli tour to Kedarnath - From Harsil to Guptkashi or Sirsi or Phatka (via air) - from Guptkashi to Kedarnath (via air), and back to Guptkashi
4. Dham four :
Heli tour to Badrinath: From Guptkashi to Badrinath (via air), and back to Dehradun
For Do Dharm covering Kedarnath and Badrinath, the itinerary is as follows.
1. Heli tour to Kedarnath: From Sahastradhara Helipad to Guptkashi or Sirsi or Phatka (via air) - from Guptkashi to Kedarnath (via air), helipad to temple (10 minute trekking), and back to helipad.
2. Heli tour to Badrinath: From Kedarnath's helipad towards Badrinath (via air) - from the helipad to the Badrinath temple (car or trekking), and return to Dehradun.
Suggested Tour: 12 Days - Chardham Tour Package
Booking Heli Tour For Chardham yatra
If you are planning to choose the government heli tour providers, you would be starting the circuit from the government helipads in the Kedarnath Valley. You need to visit the official state site of Uttarakhand to book for the heli tour.
Also, you can choose to book via reliable tour operators, approved by the government.
If you are looking for a private heli tour provider, you can choose to book through their individual sites or choose tour agents to compare and pick the right tour at bargain prices. Some service providers also offer private heli tours for you with customized charter routes.
If you are looking for a private tour, you ought to book VIP tours. On the other hand, common heli tours would be a group tour (6 people in one helicopter).
Tips for booking heli tours
- Choose government sites or official tour agents approved by the government. There are numerous private operators and it is hard to find reliable ones
- Always carry the booking confirmation form or ticket with you.
- Read all the rules and regulations of the heli tour before booking. Learn what is included and excluded from the tariff
- Learn about the cancellation policies too. There is a high chance of your tour getting canceled during monsoon season or harsh climate.
- Most of the service providers offer only 5 kg per passenger. Thus, avoid large luggage
- Always carry Indian rupees with you
- Make sure to wear thick clothing with overcoats and shawls. The temperature will be very cold at very high altitude.