Why Visit Taj Mahal at Full Moon Night?
Recently, the authorities have built a new spot in Mehtab Bagh for tourists to watch the Taj Mahal after sunset. Yes, Taj Mahal can be visited after sunset to enjoy the view of Taj Mahal reflecting the rays of the moon. What is so special about visiting this marble mausoleum on a full moon night?
The Blue Taj Mahal
As the moon goes over the horizon, the color of the monument changes its color with shades of blue and even to complete darkness. When the moon is at its pinnacle, the moonlight reflects on the surface of marble and brightens the entire monument.
While the surrounding becomes darker, the beauty of this moon-beamed monument would be beyond explanation.
Suggested Taj Mahal Tour :
- Taj Mahal Sunrise, Agra Fort Tour From Delhi
- Private Day Tour of Taj Mahal, Agra Fort from Agra
- Private Day Trip to Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Baby Taj
Night view of Taj Mahal is becoming a very famous proposal destination among young lovers. The tourists are not allowed to enter into the monument. You get to experience Taj Mahal glittering in the silvery rays of the moon. The backdrop of such a shining diamond would be the perfect spot to kindle romance.
Night view tickets
The tourists are allowed to enter into the monument from 8:30 pm and the entrance closes by 12:30 am. The tourists are let into the premise in batches of fifty. Each batch could stay inside for 30 minutes. The tickets have to be booked a day before the night viewing.
The tourism department is planning to extend this visit throughout the month. However, if you wish to enjoy the grandest view, it is best to visit on a full moon night, two nights before and after the full moon.
Read more :
- Best Time to Visit Taj Mahal
- How to Reach Taj Mahal
- Inside the Taj Mahal
- Reasons to Visit Taj Mahal
- Story of Taj Mahal
For the monument to glitter in the rays of moon, the moon’s ray must fall on Taj Mahal completely. If you are visiting between July and September, the sky will be covered with rain clouds, which would hinder the rays from falling on the monument.
Thus, you might end up watching the dark silhouette of Taj Mahal. Owing to the climate of Agra, it is best to choose the cool nights from October to March, rather than the summer season.
Suggestions to enjoy the night view
- Pre-book your tickets and choose any of the batches between 11:30 pm and 12:30 am. This is the time when the moon would right above the monument, making it more beautiful and brighter.
- If you to enjoy the view of Taj Mahal throughout the night, you can choose to stay in any of the hotels, that offer rooms with Taj Mahal view.
- You will not be allowed to take your video cameras or phone. So, do not forget to bring your camera.
- The night view is not open during the Ramadan month.
Just like the night view, the sunrise and sunset views are also mesmerizing to enjoy.
Suggested Agra Tour Packages: