The Golden Chariot Terms & Conditions
The Golden Chariot Train has the terms and conditions for booking the tickets. They have been mentioned below:
Payment Terms & Conditions
For individual booking (booking for less than 14 adults tickets together)
- During the initial confirmation time, 20% of the total published price should be paid.
- The balance 80% should be paid at least 60 days prior to the departure date.
- During initial confirmation, name and details of all the passengers (adult and child) should be mentioned.
- The names and details can be changed until 30 days prior to the date of departure.
- In case of date change (change of date of the itinerary), it is allowed only up to 30 days prior to the departure date. Tourist can change the date only once, and it is subjected to availability.
- In case of price difference in the ticket tariff between the two dates, any outstanding fee should be paid by the tourists. However, no refund would be made from the authorities in case of the new tariff being lower than the old one.
Cancellation Terms and Conditions :
- 20% of the price is charged if cancelled 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 40% of the total price is charged as cancellation fee if cancelled between 45 and 59 days prior to the departure date.
- No refund if cancelled less than 44 days prior to the departure date.
Christmas, New Year, and Signature journey charges
- Additional USD 400 per head is charged as supplement charges for itineraries covering Christmas, and New Year.
- The charge is applicable for child between 05-12 years.
- The same charge is applicable for signature journey announced by IRCTC.
- For individual booking, all details about the passengers should be provided 30 days prior to the departure date.
- In case of permission for name change within 30 days from the departure date, IRCTC makes the final decision.
- Children are allowed to board the train provided they are accompanied by an adult.
- Children below the age of 5 years are free to board the train, provided they share a bed with their parent (applicable only when double bed cabins are available).
- Children between 5 and 12 years will be charged 50% of total price. Children have to accompany with two adults (applicable only when double bed cabin are available).
- In case of separate cabins, children are charged 50% of total cost and supplement charges.
- In case of travelling with two children above five years, a separate cabin is provided with twin-sharing bed for 50% of adult cost for each child.
- In case of travelling with three children above age of 5, separate cabin is given with double bed with 50% of adult fare for each child.
- In certain cases, two children can stay in one cabin (50% of adult fare), and the third can stay in separate cabin with 50% of total fare and supplement charges.
- If one adult and one child above five years choose to stay in separate cabin, the cost is calculated as two adult travelers.
- If two children above five years choose to stay with one adult in a separate cabin, the children will be charged 50% of adult fare per head.
No show/ En route termination of tour/amendment:
- If the guests fail to show up at the departure point, no refund or adjustment will be made.
- If the tour is ended by the guest, the unused part of the itinerary will not be refunded or reused.
- In case of no-show due to serious illness, IRCTC decides the matter of providing an alternative itinerary or date. No refund will be made. Such amendments are not possible in case of full train booking or charter train booking.