Goa is the place for parties, fun, and beaches. Goa in daylight is an interesting and adventurous natural beauty. And by dusk, the land turns into a partying hub. Starting from high-end parties in the hotel to bonfire beach parties, Goa has everything for every style of party-lover. Find below the Goa Nightlife options:
Nightlife Activities In Goa
- The iconic nightlife activity of Goa is partying with music, dance, and booze. You can find different styles of such parties.
- Many restaurants provide late-night reservations with mild live music, karaoke, game nights, and some might have a small dance floor too.
- Many bars usually hire bands to play music all night long while tourists enjoy boozes. Such events are usually luxurious and do not come cheap.
- Casinos will be open throughout the night for gambling.
- Some shacks organize beach parties where trance music, dance, and entertainment happen around a bonfire.
- If you are not into partying, you can find many night markets where you can enjoy shopping antiques and interesting souvenirs. Top night markets to cover are Arpora Saturday Night Market, Anjuna Flea Market, and Saturday Night Market.
- You can find night cruises to enjoy partying on a boat
h) If you are looking for adventure time, you can choose to enjoy go-karting, night bike ride, and others.
- Explore Mapusa, Calangute, Panjim, and other regions for street food tasting. Most of the vendors will be open throughout the night.
- Last but not least, you can find coffee shops that are open whole night long in Panjim, Vasco, Margao, and other regions.
Top Places In Goa For Nightlife
In general, the North Goa is the party spot and the South Goa is for those who are looking for a secluded and quiet time. However, you can still find party spots in South Goa and interesting yet quiet spots in North Goa. Here are some of the top places to visit in Goa for a nightlife experience.
1. Anjuna Beach
This beach is famous for shacks and bonfire parties. People buy liquor from the shacks, pick a random spot on the beach and enjoy dancing, singing, playing musical instruments, and so on. Some of the shacks on the beach also conduct parties. Such parties do have hookah (not allowed on the beach). You can find numerous parties on Thursdays, here. Anjuna flea market is another interesting way to enjoy the nightlife.
2. Baga Beach
If you are looking for high-end parties with international music, DJ, high-end cuisine, beautiful décor, and class, this is the right place. You can find cafés and hotels arranging private parties ranging from moderate to high-end luxury experiences. You can also find casinos here, including a floating casino for gambling and partying all night long.
Arambol is the place for romantic couples to enjoy the nightlife. The parties would be comparatively quiet. You can find neon lights, smooth music, and a lively crowd. Some of the parties in this area might be specifically for couples. You can also find trance and energetic parties here. Some people end up partying on the beach with a bonfire and a drum by sunset.
Panjim is for a variety of entertainment like karaoke night, street food, adventure activities, and others. You can also find bars and hotels where traditional parties are organized.
Sunday is the best time to visit this beach for parties. Have a lookout on Facebook or other social media for parties you can find in bars and shacks in this beach. You can find trance parties here. If you are choosing Vagator beach for partying, remember that the bill will be heavy.
6. Candolim Beach
This place is famous for commercial parties. The cabanas of this region will be filled with luxury parties. If you have the budget for such parties, choose this beach and remember to dress up. Many clubs have strict black tie and evening gown dress code for parties here.
This is one of the few South Goa places to enjoy partying. You can find a variety of different parties here. However, most of them would be comparatively quieter and commercialized than the parties of North Goa. This place is also famous for silent EDM parties where dancers can choose their favorite track and listen to music in the wireless headphones and party.
This is the place to enjoy night cruises. You can find private cruise boats for romantic time on the water with booze and music, or you can choose to be a part of a dance and party cruise. Most of the cruises start at 7 pm and goes beyond midnight.
Tips For Enjoying Nightlife In Goa
- Goa has parties in every corner and street. Make sure to choose less commercial parties as they tend to be more fun than some branded party events.
- You can find parties for singles, but do not go in alone. It is not a great idea for either of the genders to go alone to a party.
- Goa has its popularity among youngsters for the availability of drugs. Remember that drugs are illegal in Goa and if you are caught with drugs, it could lead to jail time.
- DUI is strictly off the limits. Thus, have a designated driver or you ought to find some way of transportation to and from the party.
- Making friends is a good way to enjoy Goa. But, be alert with strangers. Not everyone is a simple traveler looking for new friends.
- Not all parties are free. Check out of the cost of the party, and even get a complete breakdown of the cost. Learn what’s included and what’s not. Most of the cover-all costs have limitation on drinks. Read the terms and conditions too.
- The best time to enjoy nightlife is during festivals. Top festivals to enjoy in Goa are GOAT, Sunburn, Sunsplash, and others.
- Partying is not just drinking and dancing. You can find numerous activities like casinos, restaurants, cultural events, and others.
Best Time To Enjoy Nightlife In Goa
The best time to enjoy all the nightlife activities in Goa is between October and March. This is the winter season and you can find many parties and events conducted throughout the area. Most of the parties require pre-booking. So, plan ahead. Some of the Goan festivals and carnivals are also the best time to visit to enjoy the nightlife. The worst time to visit the place to enjoy nightlife is from July to September. This is the monsoon time of the land. Although the place would be aesthetically pleasing, the number of parties organized during this season is very meager.