Famous For Experience Seekers, Pampered Souls, Nirvana Seekers, Party Animals
Duration of Visit 2 to 3 hours
Fee No entry fee
Visiting Time All Days of the Week 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
One of the most beautiful beaches of Goa; it is the beach follows the rave culture with western backpackers all around. Surrounded by fresh water springs on one side and shopping stalls on side. Clean and serene it is the beach filled with thrill, music, dance and lots of forgieners.
Things to Do in Vagator Beach
- This beach is famous for its rave parties which keep on going till the wee hours of the night. If you are a party going person; then this is definitely the place for you.
- Every Saturday, Flea market is held by Germans in this beach. It is the most vibrant and longest flea market of Goa. Almost everything you can shop is sold here. Its something like shop till you drop. Try out the Robert’s place which is open 24/7 which sells chilled out drinks. It is quite popular amongst forgien tourists.
- This place is also known for Vagator’s Thalassa – on the cliff overlooking Ozran Beach which sells yummy Greek food. It is so popular that it is almost always full; so book a table before you go to Thalassa.
- Goa’s some of the most famous Open Air Clubs are located here in Vagator beach. Try out Hilltop and Primrose for a change or a good late night party on the beach.
- Just thirty kilometers from Vagator is another beautiful beach – ARAMBOL. Its not a very much known popular beach but can make for a good evening walk. One can easily reach by taxi to this place.
Shopping in Vagator Beach
Shopping is Vagator’s flea market can be more than a thrill. This market is filled with almost everything – artificial jewellery, designer jewellery, designer dresses, shoes, bracelets, designer bags, souveniers, food items, crockries, caps, scarfs, stolls, soft toys and what not. The list is endless. As the Saturday Flea market is quite lengthy and crowded; it takes around 2 – 3 hours to completely shop around. One can also eat at the small eateries in the market or simply move back to the hotel for good goan dishes.
How to Reach Vagator Beach
By air one needs to first reach Goa Airport. A number of carriers take you to Goa. From Goa airport Vagator beach is an hours drive which can be covered by taxi. Take a pre – paid taxi or get your tour operator arrange one for you. The nearest railway station are Tivim, Maragao and Vasco da Gama. From all these three railway stations, it takes half an hour to reach the beach by taxi.
Tips for Traveller in Vagator Beach
Vagator beach is one of the most happening beaches of Goa. It calls for thousands of travellers each year making it one of the busiest beach. So, keep an eye on cash you are carrying. Keep it as low as possible. Instead use cash cards and credit cards. Beware of touts and to be on the safer side avoid them. Take the help of your guide or tour operator wherever possible. Keep a good eye on your kids and do not allow to go away from your eyesight. Tell your kids not to befriend strangers un-necessarily. Always keep the Police number and Ambulance number feeded in your mobile and use it in case of emergencies. Do not eat at barren places and do not take anything to eat and drink from strangers.
In case you need to change your currency; it is best to go banks or MoneyGram or Travelex for the same. Local people DO NOT HAVE FOREIGN CURRENCY; so do not not beleive anyone if he says that he keeps foreign currency and can exchange it for you. To travel to nearby beaches and market; it is best to hire a bike as it will be very economical and better than taking a taxi especially if you are a group of youngesters or a small family and intend to stay more than a week.
Nearby Attractions in Vagator Beach
Anjuna beach is the nearest beach. Anjuna happens to be one the most happening beaches which too is famous for its flee market, night rave parties and water sports activities. Next beach is Arpora which too is very near Vagator. Arpora is known for its flea market organized by Germans who reside in the beach. In Vagator beach there is Disco Valley where outdoor parties are held every Christmas and New Year. Enjoy the parties which are quite known amongst locals as well as tourists.