What is Golden Triangle Tour India and Why its famous?
India has an increasing tourism footprint and you would not be surprised to know that the highest density of these footprints are located in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. If you mark the shortest distance between these three destinations, you would end up with an imaginary triangle drawn at the heart of the country. Thus, it is named as Golden Triangle. Are you visiting India for the very first time? Most of the tour operators including Travelogy India would recommend Golden Triangle for India 101 experience. Top suggested Golden Triangle circuit packages are:
- 6 days – Golden triangle with heritage tour
- 7 Days - Delhi Agra Jaipur with Amritsar Golden Temple
- 10 Days Itinerary of Delhi Agra Jaipur with North India Temple
What is Golden Triangle Tour?
It is one of the beaten and well-explored trails of the modern India. The Golden Triangle itinerary covers Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. The tour covers eminent Indian architectural beauty, Rajasthan sights and natural beauties. Start tour with exploration in Delhi. Visit ancient Mughal era structures made with red sandstone and marbles like Jama Masjid, Red Fort, Humayun Tomb, Lodi Garden and others. Later, travel to Agra to enjoy Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri and others. Later, move on to the Rajasthan desert region to enjoy the imperial land, Jaipur with its palaces, forts, Jantar Mantar, markets and much more. Must Read: 10 Best Attraction On Your Golden Triangle Tour Tourists do not usually stick with the cliché Golden Triangle itinerary. They add one or two destinations to add a flavor to the trip like Golden Triangle with Ranthambore and so on.
For more variations of Golden Triangle, top suggested tour packages are:
- Golden Triangle with Kerala Beach Tour for 14 days
- 9 days – Delhi Agra Jaipur with Varanasi tour (Ganges tour)
- 8 days itinerary of Delhi Agra Jaipur with Rajasthan Wildlife Tour
What to experience in Golden Triangle?So, what’s so special about three random destinations that make up an imaginary triangle? One could easily find four destinations on the map and create a square. Would that make the square more interesting? Well, not always. In addition, Golden Triangle is not just three random destinations that are famous for the shape their locations make on the map. What makes the Golden Triangle grand is what’s inside those destinations.
Agra – The Epitome of Mughal, Marble and Marvel
From Delhi, this marble epic center is just a few hundred km away. You can easily reach the destination within a few hours. If you choose road transportation, you would be in Agra in just four hours and if you were choosing the train, you would be spending just two hours. Once you enter Agra, you would understand that the land has stuck in some Mughal Narnia situation with resounding structures, mausoleum and of course, the Taj Mahal. The crown jewel of all Indian architecture is Taj Mahal, a refined marble mausoleum, famous for its carvings, structural beauty and use of semi-precious stones in construction. No part of the minaret-filled structure would leave you empty. May it be the museum where you can find coins, ancient wares, paintings and so, or, the geometric garden famous for strolling; Taj Mahal is always as unique as a snowflake.
While Taj Mahal is the icon of Agra, it does not end Agra tour within its campus. Walk out Taj Mahal; enjoy shopping in the street shops for miniature Taj Mahal to take a part of Agra back with you. Other top items to buy here are Persian rugs, carpets, wool articles, marble articles and others. Once you are done with Taj Mahal and filling your memory drive with pictures of the marble giant; it is time for other elite Mughal structures like Agra Fort, Baby Taj, Akbar’s Tomb and much more. Another signature of Mughal Empire is the abandoned capital city, Fatehpur Sikhri. Built with every detail of luxury and architectural boasting, this capital city was abandoned within a decade or so, due to lack of water and advancing forces of hostile kingdoms. That leaves us today with an empty city with lines of palaces, courtyards, mosques, victory towers and much more. Must Read: Famous Handicrafts to Purchase in Taj Mahal, Agra Are you looking for something more than Golden Triangle? Here are the Agra themed tour packages of Travelogy India.
Jaipur – City of forts with hidden temples
After Agra, the tour will take you towards the western end of the country, the desert region. Jaipur is specifically added to the list to display all the forms of landform in the country. Especially, Mother India is quite proud of her Thar Desert. What is so special about a desert region? With just wild berries and spices as staple foods, the desert region has managed to create the richest cuisine with meat and spices, which has attracted many foodies to the land. The scarcity of water has done nothing to their culture. The land has managed to keep its culture as colorful as possible. This has led Rajasthan to be an iconic shopping destination of the country. With sands and dust on the floor, the mighty Rajputs have managed to build several structures, monuments and much more. Of all the destinations of Rajasthan, what can beat the capital beauty, the Jaipur?
This is the city of forts. Starting from City Palace, you can make a heritage walking tour out of just palaces and forts. The rugged landscape of Aravalli hills with a slight splash of desert outlook, gives a grandeur look to this destination. Immerse in with Jaipur to enjoy Amber fort, Nahargarh Fort, Shri Jagatshironmani temple, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal and much more. The most exclusive element of Jaipur is the stories. Each structure and even each room of the forts have an interesting reason or anecdote for you to learn.
Delhi – Infusion of Islamic life with exquisitenessWalk through the Old Delhi streets to enter into a virtual time machine and run back a few centuries. The old havelis, market squares and the cobbled streets do justice to the term ‘Old’. What more can Delhi offer you with some ancient monuments? Delhi is the capital of the country, which makes the city linked with almost all the destinations of the country. Within Delhi, you can relish the culture of the whole country; may it be performance arts, cuisine, festival or shopping. While at Delhi, enjoy Red Fort, Chandni Chowk, Qutub Minar, Akshardham Temple, India Gate and other memorable structures, which add more links of its history with its culture. Do you want to cover more attractions during your Golden Triangle tour? Read Best Places To Visit During Golden Triangle Tour for more details. Covering Delhi is quite easier with Travelogy India.
Choose from our destination packages like:
The most important tip for visiting Delhi is, pack scarfs to cover your face while travelling. Pollution in Delhi can be quite daunting (source).
Why Golden Triangle is Famous?1. These three destinations are picked for providing the best cultural experience. Every destination in the circuit is a heritage rich land, filled with festival, unique traditions and other elements. If you are looking for a window to enjoy the lifestyle of India, this trip is the epic one.
2. Are you travelling alone? Golden Triangle suits you the best. All the three destinations are iconic tourist attractions with no off-beaten route. Thus, you will always be surrounded by numerous tourists, no matter when you visit.
3. What gives more beauty to the land than its link with its history? Well, these three destinations are picked for its historic legacy, which led to the building of numerous elegant structures. With this circuit, your introduction to the heritage of the land is inevitable.
4. Are you looking for a luxurious tour? Delhi, Agra and Jaipur are chosen for its amenities from boutique hotels to air-conditioned cabs to travel and so on. All the destinations in the circuit are filled with top-notch hotel chains and if you are looking for a tad-more luxury, try the luxury trains of India, which have itineraries that specially cover the Golden Triangle route.
Top luxury train packages for Golden Triangle tour are:
6. These might look like three random destinations. However, they are three destinations with unique culture, variant architectural style, unique cuisine and thus, giving you three styles of vacation in just one trip.
7. No two attractions will be quite the same and thus, you would never get bored. Although the tour is entirely focused on sightseeing, the variations in the beauty make Golden Triangle, the trip for all age groups.
8. Delhi, Agra and Jaipur were ruled by different rulers at different times. Thus, you get to learn about the colorful past of different dynasties of the land, given a more detailed view about the culture of the land.
9. Try the cuisine of Jaipur for a rich mealtime with meat, spicy curries and traditional milk sweets. The cuisine of Agra is focused on sweets. Delhi’s Mughal dishes and the taste bud tingling street food dishes make the entire tour worthy of a foodie’s time. Read our blog Best crunchy and spicy fast food in Delhi to tease your taste buds a little.
For tasting the foods of Delhi, choose our exclusive tour packages like: