A famous saying goes, “The best view comes after the hardest climb.” However, we would like to disagree. Now, you can enjoy a bird’s eye view of some of the World’s Highest Peaks including Mt. Everest by just booking a mountain flight.
Yes. A Mountain Flight is a mountain lover’s dream come true. It is ranked as one of the most popular things to do in Nepal as Nepal is home to eight of the highest mountains in the world. It is an experience of a lifetime to see the great Himalayan peaks, one after the other, by flying past them. This is something even the best mountaineers can’t boast of.
What more can you ask for? You will be on top of Mt. Everest without spending a fortune or risking your life. The Everest View Mountain Flight is the world’s most exclusive mountain flight day tours which takes you in the very depths of the Himalayas and puts you face-to-face with the majestic rock and snow mountains. You will understand what ‘travelling in peak’ hours really means,(no) pun intended! And the best part of this flight of dreams is you can capture the most astounding views on your cameras, as everyone gets an exclusive window seat!
What would take mountaineers, years of difficult practice and lakhs of rupees, you will conquer within an hour! Within a span of 50-60 minutes, you will soaring above the world’s tallest mountains including Mt. Everest (8848m), Nuptse (7879 M), Lhotse (8501 M), Cho Oyu (8000M), Makalu (8475 M) and Kangchenjunga (8584 M). The only challenge here would be, not to be overwhelmed by nature’s stunning beauty.
So what exactly happens inside the Mountain Flight
- After you book a ticket, all you have to do is park yourself next to the window which would show you sparkling glaciers and high altitude lakes alongside the Great Himalayan Glacier.
- Maps of the Himalayan Mountain Range would be provided to each one of you so you can identify the important peaks as you see them.
- In addition, the wonderful airhostesses would identify each of the peaks for you individually while the Pilot would invite each and every passenger to the cockpit to capture stunning pictures of the Everest from their large windscreen.
What are the mountain ranges I would be seeing ?
- The Himalayan mountain range will display endless rows of high snowy peaks that looks absolutely fascinating and far beyond your imagination.
- You will be able to see the might Everest, Makalu and Kanhenjunga to the East and the world famous Annapurna Range and mighty peaks of the Dhaulagiri Massif to the west.
- You will enjoy the most unbelievable view of the tallest Himalayas Everest 8,848m, Shisa Pangma 8,013m, Dorje Lakpa 6,966m, Choba Bhamre 5,933m, Gauri Shankar 7,134m, Menlungtse 7,023m, Numbur 6956 m, Karyolung 6511m, Cho Oyu 8201m, Gyachungkang 7952m, Pumori 7,161m, Nuptse 7855m.
- You will explore the world’s tallest eight peaks in a matter of one glorious hour!
What are the best flight options available ?
- When it comes to Mountain Flights, Buddha and Yeti Airlines are the best available options in the Aviation Industry.
- They have the latest and safest aircraft features for a memorable mountain flight experience.
- These airlines take you higher than the world’s highest mountain peaks and expose you to breathtaking sceneries of the tallest mountain ranges.
- Each one gets the best window seat for the best mountain view and superb mountain pictures.
- This is the most convenient option for those who have limited time but don’t want to miss experiencing Mt. Everest while staying in Nepal!
- Yeti Airlines allow you to touch the tallest mountain summits without leaving your seat in our air-conditioned airplanes, with a glass of complimentary wine!
- You can catch these mountain flights from Kathmandu Domestic Airport, early morning before the clouds take over.
- Everest Helicopter flights are also available from Kathmandu.
- The Flying Schedule and Cost depend on weather conditions and are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Incase of bad or unfavourable weather, you will be offered a refund or the option to fly again.
- You will also be presented with a Certificate of Honor after you complete the Mountain Flight as a Memory you can treasure forever.
What are flight timings from Kathmandu Domestic Airport ?
Regular Flight Options are available from Kathmandu Domestic Airport , which leave early in the morning before the clouds form. Passengers take a 55 mins to 1 hour long flight around the world’s tallest peaks.
The timings are:
- 6.30 AM – 1st Flight / EVERYDAY
- 7.30 AM – 2nd Flight / EVERYDAY
- 8.30 AM – 3rd Flight / EVERYDAY
- Monday through Sunday (7 Days a Week)
How much would a Mountain Flight Cost ?
- The Mount Everest Experience Mountain Flight Tariff Rate is USD 194 for one foreign national.
- Nepal mountain flight Ticket Cost is USD 180 per person, only for foreign nationals after discount.
- Greater discounts are available on Email Request.
- Considering the huge demand of tourist requests, our bookings are open 24/7.
- Mountain Flight Air Ticket Price doesn’t include the transportation costs (Thamel-Airport-Waiting until flight and direct return) The private transfer to Airport can be requested with extra cost.
What is Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Packages?
- For a mountaineer, ascend to Everest Base Camp Trek takes about 13 days.
- However, Luxury Everest Helicopter Tour takes you to the base camp and back to Kathmandu within a few hours.
- You can also chose Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter.
- In terms of Distance, Mt. Everest Helicopter Tour Cost is a bit higher.
- If you are based in Pokhara, there are other options like taking a Microlight Flight towards Annapurna Massif which has mind blowing views of the Annapurna Range and Machhapuchhre among them.
- A microlight is a two-seater small aircraft with powered engine which is designed to carry specifically two people- the pilot and the passenger.
What happens in case of bad weather?
- Incase of bad or unfavourable weather while flying because of which you can’t see the mountain ranges, you will be offered a refund on request or the option to fly again.
- Incase of bad weather before flying, the flight will be cancelled and a refund will be offered.