10 Best Unexplored Islands In India
India is well known as land of Nature beauty. Enjoying in grand is a great privilege to the tourist of India. And specially coming to island, there are so many exotic unexplored islands in India. Either a newly married or old couple, everyone has different island places in India as choice for their taste.
Here below are listed 10 Unexplored Islands In India:
1. Majuli Island, Assam
Majuli Island is one of the popular and the largest river island that you may come across. It is located in Assam and is said to be one the best ones for breathtaking scenery, sunset view and the traditional culture that you may not find elsewhere.
- Best time to visit: the best time to visit Majuli Island is from October to early of January when the time is quite pleasant and you shall be able to explore most of the places
- Places to see: Talking about the places, you must explore the mishing village and satras which is quite known.
- Things to do: There are so many activities that you can do here such as mask making, motorcycling ride, fishing and even to explore the local cuisine.
Also Read : 20 Best Places to Visit in Assam
2. Diu Island, Gujarat
Located in the Corner of Gujarat, Diu island is known for the Portuguese culture. The best is just mesmerizing for the natural serenity, architectural beauty, and many increased seafood cuisine.Diu Island is an ideal place to spend a dream vacation . The island provides excellent opportunities for swimming, surfing and parasailing. It provides a unique and impressive view of the sand-topped beach and attracts a large number of tourists every year.
- Best time to Visit: If you are planning to go on a trip to this place, then October to January is the best time when the climate is quite pleasant and you can cover maximum areas.
- Places to visit: this place is known for the seashell museum, temples, Diu fort, St. Paul's church and others to name some.
- Things to do: The place is known for the blend of Gujarati and Portuguese culture. Besides, you can also plan for a weekend getaway to have a stress free time, go on scooter ride person some mind-blowing beach activities and don’t forget to try out the cuisine too.
3. St. Mary's Island, Karnataka
St. Mary's Island is a popular and one of the tiny islands located in Karnataka. Many people often find it similar to that of Ireland's Giant's Causeway. This island is quite known for the formation of basaltic rock which you can find in a hexagonal shape.
- Best time to visit: If you want to be lucky enough to cover all the major spots then you should plan for the visit from October to early January.
- Places to visit: You will not run short out of options to explore when you are here. Talking of which coconut gardens, the basaltic rock formation is some of the best places to visit.
- The thing to do: To know this place better you can explore some of the activities here such as boat ride, have time in the scenic beauty with your loved ones and enhance your photography skills by clicking the amazing pictures too.
Suggested Tour to Karnataka :
- 1 Day - Rich Culture of Bangalore Day Tour
- 11 Days - Karnataka and Kerala Tour
- 12 Days - Mumbai, Karnataka and Kerala
4. Barren Island, Andaman
Barren Island is located on the aster side of the Andaman island. This place is said to be the active place of the volcano but surely is the most incredible destination that you must visit.Although sightseeing on the island is not common, you can obtain a permit from the local forest department. There are many ferries and boats that can take you to explore the island.
- Best time to visit: The place is mind-blowing and lovely to watch. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, you can always plan to explore this place anytime throughout the year.
- Places to visit: To witness the natural beauty you must visit the island which is made out of lava rocks.
- Things to do: this tiny island has stored ample things for you such as diving, barefoot scuba, and many other things.
Also Read : 20 Best Beaches in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
5. Munroe Island, Kerala
Kerala is known for not just the rich nature but also the rich culture and tradition being followed here and at Munro island which is located at the backwaters of Kerala you will just have the most pleasant experience.
Best time to visit: You can also plan for a trip to this island from October to March since the climate is not just pleasant but you can have the best moment with your loved one.
- Places to visit: This island may seem to be small but or honeymooners this is the mesmerizing place. Besides, it is also known for Sasthacotta Lake, Ashtamudi Lake, Munro Church, and Kottankulangaradevi temple to name some
- Things to do: For adventure lovers, this island can be bliss as you can do boat race, cruise, backwater ride, weaving and also bird watching which gives a unique and mesmerizing experience.
Read here Kerala Travel Guide :
6. Narcondam Island, Andaman
Andaman has got one more island which is a volcanic island active called Narcondam Island. The volcano on this island is a dormant one. Due to the beauty of its pristine forests and undeveloped waters, Narcondam Island has been a favorite of explorers and alternative travelers for some time.
This picturesque island is completely covered by evergreen forests and has also become the home of several birds and locals.
- Best time to visit: October to early May is the best time when you can plan out for a trip to this place.
- Places to visit: This Island may look small but has got many places to explore such as HQ Pinnacle, slops, and lighthouse reef to name some.
- Things to do: Along with places to explore, you can also do things such as fishing, scuba diving, and trekking to name some.
Also Read : 15 Best Islands in Andaman and Nicobar
Suggested Tour :
7. Little Andaman Island, Nicobar
There is no denial to the fact that Andaman and Nicobar is popular destination talking of which Little Andaman Island located on the same island is quite popular too. This island is known for the lovely beach and is said to be the best place to spend time with your partner in nature.
- Best time to visit: Heavy rainfall can flop your idea of exploring the places and which is why the best time to visit is December to March
- Places to visit: For that traveler who doesn’t want to miss out the corner of this island should explore sunset, surfing sites, waterfalls, and beaches to name some.
- Things to do: Along with spending time in the scenic beauty you should also perform some incredible activities to cherish the moments spent here such as swimming, spotting turtles, surfing, bathing, and snorkeling.
Suggested tour to Andaman :
8. Grand Island, Goa
We all know for what reasons are Goa popular. But if you have explored all the covers then it is time to have a look at the grand island which is a perfect example of natural beauty.The Grand Island Tour is one of Goa's famous and unique day trips in Goa. Grand Island boat trips are not only boat trips, but also fun on the way. This trip takes you deep into the Arabian Sea and has the opportunity to see many dolphins playing around your boat.
- Best time to visit: To explore this island and have a fun time with your loved ones, you must plan for a trip to this place from October to May
- Places to visit: There are many things that you can plan to do such as bounty bay dive, Suzy's wreck dive, dolphin points, snail rock dive and spice plantation to name some.
- Things to do: It does not just place you need to explore but also indulge yourself in some magnificent activities such as diving, Motorcycle ride, bait fishing, swimming, trekking, and shelter cove dive to name some.
Read Goa Travel Guide :
9. Netrani Island, Lakshadweep
If you have not yet explored Andaman and Lakshadweep then Netrani Island, Lakshadweep is the best thing you should be doing. It is located just 20km distant from Karnataka, in the Arabian Sea.
- Best time to visit: This Island is known for many water sports activities, which is why the peak tourism season, which is December, and January you must plan for the trip.
- Places to visit: this island is quite the popular one that you can ever think of exploring where you can explore the coral reef and have the authentic traditional fruits too which you may not find elsewhere.
- Things to do: This place is best for adventure lovers which include boating, diving, whale spotting, coral reef view, and snorkeling to name some.
Also Read : Top Tourist Attractions of Lakshadweep
Suggested Tour :
- 3 Days - Kavaratti Island Packages
- 3 Days - Bangaram Island Packages
- 4 Days - Lakshadweep Tour
- 4 Days - Kavaratti Tour Packages
- 4 Days - Bangaram Tour Packages
10. Divar Island, Goa
There are so many amazing places you might have seen in Goa but Divar island is worth it. It is one of the hidden gems of the country which is located hardly a few km far from Goa.From a distance, Divar Island looks peaceful and green.
The river was divided into two parts, leaving a large sandy land. Mangrove swamps have many smaller islands and canals. This is a great place to relax, enjoy nature and appreciate the Goa countryside.
- Best time to visit: You can anytime plan to visit this place from November to February when the rush is quite happening and there are many festivals to explore.
- Places to visit: Ganesh Sateri temple, Portuguese structures, Our Lady of Compassion Church, and heritage walk to name are the best places to visit.
- Things to do: Known to be an entertainment spot there are many things that you can do such as exploring your photography skills, Motorcycle ride, and trying local cuisine and then go for a heritage walk.
Suggested Goa tour Packages :
Now that you have the entire list ready, it is time to pack up your bags and have the most amazing time with your loved ones.