- Get a chance to visit one of the World largest slum “Dharavi” in Mumbai.
Dharavi Slum Tour
If you come to Mumbai as a tourist for a few days and you spend your time in the posh southern tip of the city, around the Gateway of India and Marine Drive, it is easy to forget that a big part of the urban population in India lives in slums and has to fight for a livelihood every day. Around 60% of the citizens of Mumbai live in slums and Dharavi, with a population of at least half a million, probably has become the most famous one of them, especially after the success of the movie “Slumdog Millionaire”.
The tour starts with the Guide taking you through the commercial area of the slum. Especially waste recycling is a big business in Dharavi and the residents and workers who scavenge materials from all over the city bring them to the little workshops in order to clean, process and recycle them, from old aluminium cans to plastic chairs. But also foodstuffs like biscuits or pottery items are produced in Dharavi. The visit of a roof right in the center of the settlement allows you to get an impression of the vast dimensions of the place and the number of people who must be working and living there
On the tour you will be guided by the local Guide who will be fluent in English. With his extraordinary knowledge that you experience the sights and sounds of Dharavi as only a local would. The Dharavi tour leaves from a central location in Mumbai and takes you through the heart of the slums, teaching you its history, bringing you in contact with its people and introducing you to its way of life & their standard of living. After Dharavi it’s time to see other parts of Mumbai
Later you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Air-conditioned vehicle throughout the trip.
- Pick up and drop off is from Mumbai hotel.
- Experience the fresh Tea with cookies at local tea stall.
- Package drinking water.
- English speaking guide. (other language guide on request)
- Entry ticket of Dharavi Slum.
- Govt. Of India taxes as per current module.
- Accommodation in Mumbai.
- Camera fees.
- Tips, Gratuities.
- Best price guaranteed.
- 100% secure payment mode.
- No additional charges for Credit/Debit card payments.
- 500+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Travelogy India is approved by Govt. Of India.
You can pay online by credit/debit card instantly.Travel Insurance
Valid travel insurance should be taken care by traveller.Visa
Valid VISA should be required for every individual traveller except citizen of India.
- Get full refund, in case you cancel 24hrs before your travelling date.